PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uncapped 07, Good for Pats?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Well I just read an article on ESPN.com about how the 07 season will be uncapped. Now, I hate the idea but still...it seems good for the Patriots, who are the third richest team in the NFL...meanwhile teams like Minnesota, Indy, Bengals, Jags are at the bottom of the list.

Just how does that work? Does that mean the salary cap will not apply in 07?

Yeah I dont know how likely it is that it will actually be uncapped but it seems like there is a good chance. I dont know what it is exactly like but, there is no cap space, meaning richer teams can pay for some great players without having to worry about the Cap Space.

The Pats are great at managing the cap space but I dont see it as bad for the Patriots to have an uncapped season.

Kdo5 said:
Yeah I dont know how likely it is that it will actually be uncapped but it seems like there is a good chance. I dont know what it is exactly like but, there is no cap space, meaning richer teams can pay for some great players without having to worry about the Cap Space.

The Pats are great at managing the cap space but I dont see it as bad for the Patriots to have an uncapped season.

Anything bad for the league would be bad for the Pats. What makes the NFL great is the even playing field.

there is about a 1% chance of an uncapped year happening... we'll hear a lot about it as the 2 sides posture; it ain't gonna happen.

An uncapped year is bad for the NFL. Huge salaries and guaranteed contracts have ruined baseball and basketball. (not that the NFL is heading in that direction). This matter does need to be settled.

I cannot imagine the Patriots organization spending a lot of money on players...uncapped year or not.

Considering the success they've enjoyed under this system, I'd prefer no changes. I have faith in the team adapting, but I have more faith in them just continuing to be successful under the system they've come to dominate.

i prefere the 'actual' NFL with a cap honestly

i do not want NFL will become like other sports (i.e: soccer in Europe...where only the rich owners have good teams)

I dont want any NFL team to be able to buy a championship like in baseball.

But, even in baseball, it doesn't always work. Just ask Steinbrenner what $1B over the last five years has gotten him. . . . :rofl:

Losing the Salary Cap...

Will be a very bad thing for this league....just look at MLB and whats happened there.Its a shame.The money grab by the few will cost everyone.

Its bad for everyone in the long term. You can't put the genie back in the bottle once its out.

The players don't really want an uncapped year in 2007 either because by previous agreement the number of years needed to reach both UFA and RFA would be pushed out a year so many players would be short changed. yes, a bunch of others would cash in but there are enough players screaming at Upshaw about having to wait that extra year to be a free agent that the uncapped scenario will never happen. Nobody really wants it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back