Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just noticed during the NFL Channel Super Bowl recap of XXXVI: On Jermaine Wiggins' catch before the winning field goal, a Ram defender grabbed his facemask during the tackle (non-flagrant). Vinatieri's kick should've been 5 yards closer.

I was watching 3 GTG I today, and I had a similar sight. Bobby Hamilton was held by a Ram lineman when he tried to chase Warner scrambling right, after McGinest's holding on the Tebucky Jones play. They would have been offsetting penalties, but since McGinest's occured before the turnover (both did, in fact), it would have been a replay, not 5 yards for the Rams (set up the Warner scramble).

Last edited:
If it's already this bad now, I shudder to think what it will be like further into the offseason. :eek:

huskeralk said:
If it's already this bad now, I shudder to think what it will be like further into the offseason. :eek:

LOL ....it is so hard without football isn't it. How many watched Superbowl Tailgate on ESPN today, come on raise your hands now. Only 6 months to training camp.......

fgssand said:
Only 6 months to training camp.......

Is that all? Heck, it's closer than I thought. The NFL Channel and Patriots On Demand sure will help fill the breach. And of course, this place.
;)

I know I don't need to tell you this, and I'm sure it wasn't the point of your post but...

We won Super Bowl XXXVI. You don't need to worry about it.

pats1 said:
I was watching 3 GTG I today, and I had a similar sight. Bobby Hamilton was held by a Ram lineman when he tried to chase Warner scrambling right, after McGinest's holding on the Tebucky Jones play. They would have been offsetting penalties, but since McGinest's occured before the turnover (both did, in fact), it would have been a replay, not 5 yards for the Rams (set up the Warner scramble).

How about the Patriots defender that whacked Warner on the helmet on the Ty Law Int. - TD? Also, some of the hits by Pats defensive players on Rams receivers probably caught the refs off guard as much as the Rams (like the NFL films guy says the Pats strategy was to come out hitting Rams offensive players, hard, if they had the ball, or if they didn't.). I love that call. Some of the hits might have gone uncalled in the let'em play philosophy. We got out of there with a W, and that's all that counts to me.

Last edited:
Fanfrom1960 said:
How about the Patriots defender that whacked Warner on the helmet on the Ty Law Int. - TD?

That was Vrabel, I think. Didn't seem penalty material to me.

Tunescribe said:
That was Vrabel, I think. Didn't seem penalty material to me.
Going by the rules... ANY contact to the QB's head is a 15 yard personal foul, "blow to the head".

drew4008 said:
Going by the rules... ANY contact to the QB's head is a 15 yard personal foul, "blow to the head".

Yeah, but it wasn't a shot directly AT the head; seemed incidental to me in the act of tackling. There was a ton of "high" hits on Warner by Pats players in that game, including several facemask-to-helmet, etc.

Tunescribe said:
Just noticed during the NFL Channel Super Bowl recap of XXXVI: On Jermaine Wiggins' catch before the winning field goal, a Ram defender grabbed his facemask during the tackle (non-flagrant). Vinatieri's kick should've been 5 yards closer.
Talk about a delayed reaction.

If you just noticed it now how do you expect the refs to see it then, with no replay? ;)

drew4008 said:
That would also eliminate any talk about the tuck rule because we all know Woodson whacked Brady on the head.

It just baffles me that some people are still defensive about this whole game. It's been 5 years and we've won 2 super bowls since then. Time to move on folks, nothing to see here.

ya, its amazing. Anyone ever see that asante PI call in the denver bronco's game. I'm amazed the refs got that one wrong too...

BelichickFan said:
That would also eliminate any talk about the tuck rule because we all know Woodson whacked Brady on the head.

Funny how all the "Pats were lucky" and it was a "fumble" whiners, especially Raider fans all somehow missed that obvious penalty by Woodson.

huskeralk said:
It just baffles me that some people are still defensive about this whole game. It's been 5 years and we've won 2 super bowls since then. Time to move on folks, nothing to see here.

Who's being defensive about anything? Just sharing something I noticed in the slow-mo replay. Simply a point of interest, nothing more.

NEM said:
Jeez, that play in the 1943 NFL title game was surely offside. Lets replay the game.

Wow, NEM, you're closing in on 10,100 posts (whether you have anything constructive/interesting to say, or not). Maybe by the end of the week you'll be up to 11,000 and can congratulate yourself on another "milestone." :snob:

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:

I wouldn't even open this can of worms.

Rams fans will then jump in and say that on Ty Law's INT return for a TD that Mike Vrabel hit Kurt Warner in the head (he did, but that would be a horrible penalty to call especially in the Super Bowl).

They will also argue about an intentional grounding call on the last drive of the game. While I do actually agree and think that by the rule it WAS intentional grounding, we all know that there is such a big gray area for that rule that it doesn't even get called half the times that it technically should (so why call it in a Super Bowl).

brdmaverick said:
I wouldn't even open this can of worms.

the irony is that maybe I am the one opening a bad can of worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes