PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UnBelieveable PUP list - Jackson PUPed, Claridge OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
primetime said:
Maybe his single digit Wonderlic score (4 or 5, if I remember correctly) had something to do with it.
I don't think it was THAT low. It was no worse than that ****** Vince Young's, and he was selected 3rd overall and just got 25+ million... take that for what it's worth.

drew4008 said:
I don't think it was THAT low. It was no worse than that ****** Vince Young's, and he was selected 3rd overall and just got 25+ million... take that for what it's worth.

Young also has all the athletic talent in the world and nearly single handedly defeated one of college football's best teams of all time in the national championship game.

Roach made a lot of tackles, I guess.

The good news is during tomorrows press conference Belichick will walk us through the specific injury of each and every player...

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had all sorts of people whining about the training staff and the number of injuries, now when the staff is being a little more cautious with player injuries at the start of Training Camp we get more sniffles. Boo goat-kissing hoo.

JoeSixPat said:
Trying to make a positive assumption - could this possibly be a strategy to get a looksee at guys in camp by putting guys on the PUP who we know will make the team like Jackson and Seymour?

It'd be just like BB to figure out a way to work the rules to his advantage, and no one's really going to question who's on the PUP

I had the exact same thought. BB decides he'd like to look at some young guys a little longer so a guy like Seymour is PUP'd. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

DarMan said:
I had the exact same thought. BB decides he'd like to look at some young guys a little longer so a guy like Seymour is PUP'd. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

PUP players at this point count against the roster limit. There's no advantage in that department.

Jimke said:
Maybe some of them failed the conditioning run?

Bingo. This is nothing more than a bunch of Antoine Smith's failing the BB infamous conditioning run.......once they pass it they will be off the PUP list.

Re: Seymour placed on PUP

Have a life :)

pats1 said:
PUP players at this point count against the roster limit. There's no advantage in that department.

So much for another BB pushing the edge of the envelope theory

Box_O_Rocks said:
We've had all sorts of people whining about the training staff and the number of injuries, now when the staff is being a little more cautious with player injuries at the start of Training Camp we get more sniffles. Boo goat-kissing hoo.
Hey, we're Boston fans. It's important that we see the negative in everything. Where you been?

spacecrime said:
Where you been?
Building a church, I think PATSNUTme wandered through the last one, either that or there was a Katrina interlude.

Robdude said:
Secondly someone going on the PUP list now is no big deal. I do believe Belichick frequently moved players on and off the list last year pretty much at will. At training camp there was veteran players regularly out of drills for a morning practice or an afternoon practice or whatever. This is just being extra cautious which is fine with me. I do not know all the rules involved the number of players in training camp but I would not be surprised if the Pats are taking advantage of the PUP in a way to maximize the number of players they can evaluate.
It's a big deal in that BB is saying the player is not physically capable of playing football.

You can't move players on and off PUP.

And you don't maximize the number of players by putting some on pre-season PUP. You are thinking of the regular season, when they don't count against the 53-man roster.

Except for this, I agree with you :D

So we cut a guy whose total contribtuions are nothing and we have some guys who aren't ready to play 6 weeks before the season?

We're doomed.

The season really can't start soon enough. As bad as off-season talk is, sometimes I think training camp talk might actually be worse. People panic about irrelevant injuries, they endlessly debate between guys who will have little to no impact on the team, and get all hyped when a guy does well in the 4th quarter against guys who probably can't even make the Stop & Shop football team.

dhamz said:
So we cut a guy whose total contribtuions are nothing and we have some guys who aren't ready to play 6 weeks before the season?

We're doomed.

The season really can't start soon enough. As bad as off-season talk is, sometimes I think training camp talk might actually be worse. People panic about irrelevant injuries, they endlessly debate between guys who will have little to no impact on the team, and get all hyped when a guy does well in the 4th quarter against guys who probably can't even make the Stop & Shop football team.
True Hamz!-Things aren't always as they seem.
We need to re-balance and realign the power and to get there -many drastic moves need to take place. There's never enough time in the season/off season -but these decisions will be to our benefit down the road.
Pees-Seely -Peps- we've got a good crew!
We need to work on the "Death Star":cool:
We were SUPPOSED to win 3 in a row. We were viciously robbed-which is typical of the world we live in today. We're all hurt from last year, injuries, divorces, lies, Mile High Stadium, departures, divorces, deaths-
We need to feed off this and STAY HUNGRY.
Denver, Indy and Pittsburgh, their fans and the critics need to be dismantled, punished and humiliated.
Save the sportsmanship and goodwilly stuff for the offensive fluffers.
I want D. Big D. Angry and hateful, malicious D.
We need to sacrifice a little to get to where we need to be-I can't wait for the reg. season-I think we gonna have a special team this year and pound some A*ss!:mad:

Pre-season nothing! Honestly, BB takes "creative liberties" with his in-season Injury List, why wouldn't he do the same with training camp? It will all be fine, doom and gloomers!

pats1 said:
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Enough with those spam YouTube links already.

everything.

wait till game day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Seymour placed on PUP

Richy Rich will be back soon sucka's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes