PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UnBelieveable PUP list - Jackson PUPed, Claridge OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stunned that Claridge was released! What the heck happened?

That list is very interesting very much of a surprise with a few of the players it has listed especially Jackson.

The Claridge situation has me a little puzzled. First off, I don't like the fact that management let him rehab at home in Vegas rather than keeping him in New England where they could monitor his progress both in terms of rehabing the injury and his ability to pick up the defensive schemes. It was a totally wasted year, whether he was released or not.
I rarely question the brain trust here but this one pisses me off. I'd love to know why he was released?
This should have been handled differently!

Rich

WTF? (scratches head)

Last edited by a moderator:
Claridge has been off my radar for awhile, but what are Seymour and Jackson and Sullivan doing on the list? Is this simply a gimmick to buy some time for the other scrubs to try and make an impression?

Well that makes the Brown signing more understandable.

Why in the world is Jackson on the pup???

Holy Crap!

I totally missed that Seymour was on there.

What the hell is going on.

I know every year it seems like we starting losing starters earlier in the year.

But now were losing them before traiing camp???

Maybe some of them failed the conditioning run?

Why are all these players on pup? Are they injured or did they just not pass the conditioning test?

Very surprising list...

belichickaholic said:
Why are all these players on pup? Are they injured or did they just not pass the conditioning test?

I don't think the conditioning test is until tomorrow. I don't ever remember seeing this many players going on PUP before training camp. Not just the Patriots, but call across the league.

Last edited:
WTF. This is crazy. oh well. What is wrong with Seymour and Jackson. Still worried about Maroney getting into camp..

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That shocked me.

It is my understanding that in training camp any player can be taken off the PUP and start practicing. Right???

Claridge must have shown something to BB (that we don't know about) that rendered him not effective for what we want to do. {I am just waiting for the ... why didn't BB cut Beisel instead of Claridge ... I saw this, that and the other thing about Beisel on my DVD recordings to start popping up again}

IMHO, the Claridge releasing is GREAT news for a certain 240 lb. Eric Alexander who didn't make the squad last year (and is not eligible for PS). Freddie Roach also has a much better shot of being this year's Mike Wright or Randall Gay.

Lets not panic folks, it is the day before training camp opens, and there has to be a method to this seeming madness. The good news is they can be activated at any time...

Obviously, this also gives Chad Brown a chance to make the roster as backup.
If Beisel or Bruschi goes down, the primary back-up for ILB is Vrabel. Which means that TBC gets on the field if ANY of the LB get hurt.

Alexander, Roach, Mincey (and maybe Brown) could be the back-ups.

Surprising stuff with the Claridge release.

Last edited:
I am curious about what all the other LBs have shown to get Claridge released. Can I assume that Woods, Gardiner, Roach, Mays, Klecko, and Alexander have shown more promise than Claridge? Maybe the shoulder has not healed up like the PATS thought it might. I wonder if the loss of his brother has something to do with this, indirectly I mean.

bevster said:
I am curious about what all the other LBs have shown to get Claridge released. Can I assume that Woods, Gardiner, Roach, Mays, Klecko, and Alexander have shown more promise than Claridge? Maybe the shoulder has not healed up like the PATS thought it might. I wonder if the loss of his brother has something to do with this, indirectly I mean.

This could be another Ethan Kelly NT situation too?

Maybe the PUP thing is just BB using a new tactic or loophole for some reason.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
Maybe the PUP thing is just BB using a new tactic or loophole for some reason.

As someone stated earlier on another thread, it's the Patriots and the Injury Report. Enough said. Let's wait a couple days. I can't imagine all those guys got hurt in the past three weeks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes