PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unbelievable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Va_Pats_Fan said:
Can anyone validate this gals claim that Troy Brown is one of the "dirtiest" players????

and who is she?

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?p=61747&sid=84efe21747e975459976f656b9230601

I don't think she's anybody. Apparently this Seahawks "Huddle" forum likes to pretend it's a real news site and assigns a "reporter" to each team.

She does the Pats. I googled her name with "nfl" and other stuff and it all comes back to that site.

My guess is her lazy ass got Troy confused with Rodney Harrison. Oh well, she's an amateur. It's when the pro's do it that I get peed off.:D

I had to reply to that.

I had to write her a response after she was confronted with it by another reader and tried to weasel that she really knows that he has a dirty rep.

It's OK to be wrong, it's weaselish, though, when faced with the facts to then stonewall it. Why can't people just be honest and say "Ya know, I screwed up" I would really have more respect for someone who did that than this type of BS.

If you note the quotation marks around "dirtiest" player, I get the feeling that the consensus around the league is that he is one of the players who is not afraid to get down and dirty and perform whatever task assigned him. The rest of the article is nothing but praise for him and was better done than most of our "professional journalists" on the Globe and Herald. It seems that we are getting too paranoid and seeing slights where none were intended. Just my 2 cents. I think that it is possible that she is too dumb to realize what other players ment in reference to Troy. She seems like a stupid, stonewalling moron.

Last edited:
taltos said:
If you note the quotation marks around "dirtiest" player, I get the feeling that the consensus around the league is that he is one of the players who is not afraid to get down and dirty and perform whatever task assigned him. The rest of the article is nothing but praise for him and was better done than most of our "professional journalists" on the Globe and Herald. It seems that we are getting too paranoid and seeing slights where none were intended. Just my 2 cents.

For your info, here is Ms. Parson's reply to the first poster who called her on it. There is no doubt what she meant by "dirty" - since she says she disagreed with the "reputation".

"Mr. Skinner,

I know of the article that you were referring to from the Boston Herald recently where Harrison was voted "the dirtiest player" by wide receivers in the league. However I was not using that article as my reference. I appreciate you reading my piece. I have read in the past since I grew up in New England and followed Troy Brown throughout his entire career that he has been called a "dirty" player. I disagree but felt I needed to represent all the points of view when presenting my thoughts on Brown. Thank you for your comment and I hope you continue to read The Huddle Network as we love to hear feedback.

-- Kim Parsons, New England Patriots

I do not totally disagree with you. Check my edit. I think that she is just a moron and misunderstood. Paul

taltos said:
I do not totally disagree with you. Check my edit. I think that she is just a moron and misunderstood. Paul

She seems quite intelligent, everyone can make a mistake. There's no need to call anyone a moron.

My problem just came with her initial stonewalling response to the first guy who corrected her. She could've checked it out before answering that she heard he had a dirty rep.

Her second response was more honest and forthcoming. She's a fan doing some writing and didn't have any agenda. She's OK.

Well, there must be some reason why Troy gets into all those fights -:)

I think that rumor was spread by the old ladies at the Bingo Hall.:D

-- Kim Parsons, New England Patriots

Why does she sign it like she is part of the pats organization?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes