PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Un-Happy Cardinals-Take Your Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriplecHamp

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Source: Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett reiterates trade demand - ESPN

Karlos Dansby, Adrian Wilson, Darnell Dockett?
All of these Cardinals are possibly on the Trading block, If you were to make a trade for any of these who would it be and what would you give up?

Karlos Dansby-could be an ILB/OlB for us, he bring great versitlity.
Adrian Wilson-is a veteran saftey in the last year of his contract and would play SS for us letting Chung develop.
Darnell Dockett-could play either 3-4 End or even DT in Pass rushing situations.

Tried to post a Poll but I was too late.

Last edited:
I don't see how any of them would fit into our defense but, if I had to choose, I would go with Dansby.

Dansby is their best defensive player. He ain't going anywhere. Wilson would be a good fit, but we're already super deep at the position and in the secondary in general. Maybe we can get Monty Beisel back from them for three coppers and a burnt out playmate.

I don't see how any of them would fit into our defense but, if I had to choose, I would go with Dansby.

We have holes at ILB and OLB, Dansby can play both at 6-4 250lbs.
Dockett would play DT in our 4-3 sets alongside or 3-4 End if he were to put on 10 pounds at 6-4 285lbs. Adrian Wilson would provide Depth, Leadership, and would be a starter for us at SS.

Considering the Cards are playing the Steelers' 3-4 defense and Belichick sees to like players from the Steelers defense including Vrabel, Chad Brown, Chad Scott, Deshea Townsend (the Pats offered him a contract, but he chose to resign with the Steelers), and Rodney Bailey; I think Belichick would find some use for those players if the Pats acquired them.

That said, I really doubt the Pats would get any of the them nor do I think the Cards are inclined to let any of them go at this point. I would most want Dansby. I think he could be a stud in the Pats defense just like he is a stud now.

I doubt we could afford any of these unhappy campers, and why bother... These aren't poor frustrated souls mired in mediocrity. They're selfish players looking to hold up or bail (cash in) on a Superbowl team...

I doubt we could afford any of these unhappy campers, and why bother... These aren't poor frustrated souls mired in mediocrity. They're selfish players looking to hold up or bail (cash in) on a Superbowl team...

Tough to blame Dansby on this one.

Say what?

Dansby isn't a selfish player. He hasn't complained once about his lack of a long term contract. He's been a productive player from the get-go and clearly deserves a solid long term deal. He publicly said that he was "honored" to be tagged as a franchise player and that he would be happy to play long term for Arizona, and that was long before the team went to the SB. He's not an "unhappy camper" asking out like Dockett or Boldin, but he is a quality player without a long term deal.

If Arizona were willing to make Dansby available because of cap issues with all of their players wanting big money, then he would be a solid option for the Pats. We should have taken him in 2004 at #32 to begin with. Dansby would be outstanding for us at both OLB and SILB. We have two extra 2nd round picks in 2010 plus we could offer Arizona players who fit their needs at TE (Watson or Thomas) or DE (Green or Smith). Not likely that anything will happen, but it's not totally out of the question either.

We'd never be able to get or afford Adrian Wilson. He is one of the premier safeties in the league, along with Troy Polumalu, Ed Reed, and Brian Dawkins. I seriously doubt that AZ would part with him anyway, he has been the leader of their secondary for quite some time--and was a major catalyst for their SB run. At 29, he's still primed to play for a while, and is looking for pretty large loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back