PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Un-f*cking-believable

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
Saw that one coming a mile away. Guess it's 10 more years of sh*tty basketball in Boston.

I am so sick to my stomach. I don't want to talk to anyone for a week. Never thought I'd feel this way just 10 years later (re Duncan)

The NBA will keep the Celtics down forever if they can.

Saw that one coming a mile away. Guess it's 10 more years of sh*tty basketball in Boston.
There shouldn't be a lottery,no other sport has one.It's just a rateings gimmick . The worst team should get the first pick etc.etc. It takes trades such as Joe Barry Carrol for R.Parish and K.McHale out of the equation,rebuilding is much hard.

Last edited:
Just remember that you guys had less than a 50-50 shot at 1 or 2 and there's not a big difference between 3-4-5. If that makes you feel a little better :(

Just remember that you guys had less than a 50-50 shot at 1 or 2 and there's not a big difference between 3-4-5. If that makes you feel a little better :(

which is why the lottery is the dumbest idea ever

OK, call me crazy, maybe I'm bitter, but hear me out:
Seattle and Portland both were considering moving due to declining fan bases. Atlanta could only keep their pick if it was in the top 3.
The 6 picks went, in order, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, and then the worst three teams for 4 through 6 in order.

Conspiracy anyone? I hate how they don't show the ping pong balls for everyone to see. It's all in secret and works out perfectly for the NBA in terms of franchise-helping.

David Stern hates the Celtics. Remember when Reggie Lewis died, the NBA gave the Celtics zero relief, and also made the Celts keep Lewis' cap space on the team until his contract ran out?

The only consolation is that Michael Jordan came in as a #3 pick, so we still gotta believe.

Seattle and Portland both were considering moving due to declining fan bases. Atlanta could only keep their pick if it was in the top 3.
The 6 picks went, in order, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, and then the worst three teams for 4 through 6 in order.

Conspiracy anyone? I hate how they don't show the ping pong balls for everyone to see. It's all in secret and works out perfectly for the NBA in terms of franchise-helping.
You really have a tendency to default into a "world is out to get me" conspiracy mode. You should look into getting help.

The only consolation is that Michael Jordan came in as a #3 pick, so we still gotta believe.
Well that doesn't help the Celtics at #5 ;) But Dwayne Wade went #5 in 2003.

very good chances we wont stay at number five
if we do i see us gettin yi jianlin (spelling?) if hes avail

David Stern hates the Celtics. Remember when Reggie Lewis died, the NBA gave the Celtics zero relief, and also made the Celts keep Lewis' cap space on the team until his contract ran out?

Just stop.

That is my point, any draft in any sport is a crapshoot.. never know how well anyone will play in pro sports until they lace them up.

Is this true???? I don't remember it. If it is true then Stern is a worthless humanbeing

Is this true???? I don't remember it. If it is true then Stern is a worthless humanbeing

Yes it's true. David Stern is the biggest loooooooooser on the planet. I hate that guy. When he talks, I want to spit at my TV screen. Reggie Lewis had signed a 5 year, $25 million deal back then, and then croaked (RIP) the first year I think. Back then that wa sick money, and the cap worked a little differently as it had slots as opposed to cap limit. That meant you could spend the slot of a players outgoing contract to sign a player, +/- whatever % wiggle room. So, had Stern not forced the Celtics to carry a DEAD MAN"S CONTRACT on their cap, they could have signed a player to what was a max slot type contract. What a looooooooser ****** Stern is.

Yes it's true. David Stern is the biggest loooooooooser on the planet. I hate that guy. When he talks, I want to spit at my TV screen. Reggie Lewis had signed a 5 year, $25 million deal back then, and then croaked (RIP) the first year I think. Back then that wa sick money, and the cap worked a little differently as it had slots as opposed to cap limit. That meant you could spend the slot of a players outgoing contract to sign a player, +/- whatever % wiggle room. So, had Stern not forced the Celtics to carry a DEAD MAN"S CONTRACT on their cap, they could have signed a player to what was a max slot type contract. What a looooooooser ****** Stern is.

I knew he was a lousy commish, but i didn't realize how far it really went

Well thank God for football and baseball.

I can't believe this organiation can have this much bad luck.

How can the same team get robbed from both Tim Duncan and Greg Oden.

The stupid ping pong balls have basically screwed the franchise.

The franchise won't be anything better than mediocre for the next ten years.

This must be extra devasting for season ticket holders.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back