Welcome to PatsFans.com

UN authorizes force on Somali Pirates...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 17, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Sounds like a great move, we will see as the devil is usually in the details..

U.N. OKs land, air attacks on Somali pirates - Marine Corps News, news from Iraq - Marine Corps Times

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

I hope this is not a U.S. led action.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +492 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

I suspect some type of consortium, but not clear right now.. a few "seals" might do the trick.

5. lostjumper

lostjumper Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The UN Sanctioned it? The UN is the most impotent toothless organization ever. Hey even the "save the whales" groups have more fight in them(I've gotten a chuckle out of browsing over a couple of those Whale War shows). The UN's Idea of using force is coming with bags of rice and then bending over and grabbing ankles.

6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

lets hope the U.S. or some other power doesn't misuse this as an excuse to go do god knows what

7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

well that's because people like you keep saying things like that.

"I'm going to ignore you, undermine you, and do whatever I want then I'm going to call you toothless."

8. lostjumper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Err, I don't get. I say the UN is spineless, and so it must be? Take a look at their track record. Look at their stance on terrorism.

9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

If you have the outlook that the UN is a bad thing and actively work to undermine it, that's not exactly progress for the world and of course it's not going to work. If the U.S. really cared about human rights, and could back up their human rights talk by not being totally hypocritical then they could make the U.N. more powerful, solid body. It's not going to be perfect but just constantly reiterating the mantra that the "UN sucks" as justification for going around the world and doing whatever you want is not going to make it any better.

The fact is that the more the US bucks the UN now, the more it's going to get **** on when it's not the top dog anymore. This is just plain common sense. Neo Cons aren't upset that the UN has problems, they want the UN to be ineffective.

10. lostjumper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You're right, the UN has been a true champion of human rights. They were the first to stand up to Saddam Hussein when he gassed 100,000 Kurds to death. They forced the Taliban to stop treating women like property. They've decried the current chinese practice of killing any children that aren't first born. They are doing so much in Africa to stop the Muslim's from massacring Christians. They've put a stop to genital mutilation in the Middle East. Somalia, Cambodia, the USSR, N Korea.

The UN could care less about human rights.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

The Current Bush America better stay out of it because when it is over all the people that we tried to help will be accusing us of killing the pirates, John Pig Face Murtha and the Pelosi Gang will be leading the attack.

If Bush wants America to get in on it he should wait Until The Great Messiah Is Crowned then let him handle it.

The world is yours Prince Massiah, if you take us to war you should be Impeached and Disgarced the day you do it, we have heard enough about war from the Left Wing Media, I hope they will crucify you as they did Bush if you take us to war in the Darfurian Garbage Dump.

NO MORE WAR
    GOD DAMN AMERICA