Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ultra-Liberal Boston Globe Messes Up Again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Aug 3, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What is it with liberal media outlets constantly getting fooled with fake documents..? Remember those "leaked documents" that the Boston Globe proudly presented us with last week about Big Dig construction bolts..? Well, it's looking like those documents were faked.

Hasn't the ultra-liberal media ever heard of due diligence..? Granted this isn't as bad as the Half and Suzanne Zantopf debacle from the Globe... but I could only imagine the venom and hatred that some people in here would direct towards Fox News if they ever committed such a gaffe (which they haven't).

POST SCRIPT: Actually, in Dan Rather's defense, he wasn't fooled by his fake documents. He knew damn well they were fake when he tried to fool the American public. That is why he left CBS in shame and disgrace.
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The right-wing Herald was fooled by the same memo. By the way, we still don't know whether it's fake, the company just alleges it is.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right-wing..?!? :rofl: :rofl: Oh, how I wish that were true..!!

Newsflash: The Herald did not conduct the report or interview the individual with breaking the story. They just did what media outlets always do: Pick up on a story reported by another outlet. For example, if the Globe picked up an AP story that was false, it would reflect poorly on the AP, but not necessarily the Globe.

Face it... another ultra liberal media outlet got caught falling for lies and deception because they didn't perform due diligence. You'd be all over Fox if they ever did the same thing.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We have no proof the memo is fake even now. And c'monn, if the Herald picks up a story, they have just as much responsibility to investigate it as the newspaper that originally published it. You can't reprint a lie and deny responsibility for it.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

The "Liberal Media" like all of liberalism can't come to grips with the fact that they no longer run the show, the "Big Three" are gone -NBC CBS ABC- they can no longer "brainwash" us each evening at suppertime, Cronkite, Rather, Brokaw they are all liberal "has beens" Cute Perky Liberal Katie will also Fall.

The world has changed, Bloggers, Internet, Cable, "FOX NEWS" Talk Radio they all tell us "the whole story" the Neo Lib news anchors can no longer hide the things they don't want us to know all we have to do is switch to Fox or the Internet to learn all the things Cute Perky Katie doesn't want us to know.

This fall when Katie makes her "Grand Entrance" into the world of the "Liberal Liars Club" watch her, when she is done change the channel, go to "Fox News" there you will hear all the little things that Katie left out of her "biased story" the good part of it is there is nothing Katie can do about it, so when Katie gives you that "sweet smile" and shows you her gums remember she isn't telling you "the whole story" for that you will have to go to "FOX".

I wonder if "Cutie Perky" will reopen the "AWOL THING" :singing:
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the memo is a complete fabrication. In fact, I think there is very little reasonable doubt remaining.
    Pujo, with all due respect, you don't know how the media works. Do you know how ridiculous it is to suggest that every single media outlet has to personally investigate every single article they pick up off the wires...?

Take, for example, this passage from today's Herald article:

"The story was picked up by the Associated Press and went national, appearing in the Los Angeles Times, Baltimore Sun and other major dailies."

Now, are the LA Times and Baltimore Sun as guilty as the Boston Globe...? No, of course not. They simply picked up a story that was on the wire. In the world of media ethics and journalism, the culpability lies squarely with the original source of the story, not with all the outlets that picked up on it.

Stop your shameful defending of the ultra-liberal Boston Globe. You're only embarassing yourself.
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to say I cracked up when she stated last month she would refuse to go to Israel (or any other such war zone) to broadcast the evening news. She said something along the lines of "I don't think it would be safe for a single mother to do such a thing"...

I wonder if she mentioned that when they interviewed her for the position... "Well, I'm a single mother - and a woman - so I don't feel I should have to go braodcast from war zones (even though the other two networks have sent their anchors over)."
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Boston Herald did not pick up the story off the wire, they wrote their own article, which is a very different thing. I know how the wire services work, thank you very much.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

The ultra liberal Boston Globe did not even report the "tar baby" comments by Mitt, only the Herald did and they raked him across the coals.

This whole thing is in its investigative stage, and any of this information is conjecture at best. Let the investigation run its course and then see what happens, to deny something is a strategy that can be used by either side and that is all it is. To just flat out blame any publication begs the question and you become as guilty as the source.. by jumping to conclusions.
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No foolin'... they wrote their own article that said "Here is what the Boston Globe is reporting". They did not write "Here are some documents we obtained". If you can't understand there is a tremendous difference between those two concepts, then there's nothing I can do to help you.
    No offense, but I see no evidence of this.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think I am jumping to conclusions. I am simply basing a conclusion on the preponderance of evidence submitted in both today's Herald and Globe. I mean, the Globe even has a conciliatory "yeah it looks like we were fooled" air about them.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I guess I'm just too stupid to see it your way.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, either that or just too biased. It's like it would kill you to admit some wrong doing on the part of the Boston Globe (also known as the media darling of the ultra-left). I mean, seriously... here is a paraphrase of our conversation:

QuiGon: Boy the Boston Globe messed up...
    Pujo: Oh yeah..? Well the Herald did too..!!
    QuiGon: Actually they didn't because the blame lies with the source of the original story...

And so on and so forth...
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Whatever, it's not like I own Boston Globe stock. They'll publish anything to make a buck just like every other media organization in this country and they got caught with their pants down, just like every other media organization in this country does from time to time. I'm not convinced the memo is fake anyway, since I see a lot of motivation for the contractor to deny it even if it's real. I've been wrong before (the Duke "rape" case comes to mind), but it'll play out in court and then we'll all see.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black..? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Another Nem lie..!! You responded to my post in the Israel thread - AFTER your little "I through with you!" temper tantrum.
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dude, ya really gotta read the evidence that suggests that this memo is fake. I know you really really really want to blame the corporate management, but I don't see how anyone can review the evidence and still maintain the memo is real. Well, except maybe Dan Rather...
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, I'll read all about it at lunch when I pick up the Boston Globe :)
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +185 / 4 / -6

Why are you taking the company's side, QuiGon? Why do you trust that they couldn't find a memo that could make them liable for massive damages? Do you know people who work there? Do you know something about the safety inspector who claims to have written the memo? Your post is as silly as the one where you blamed the union workers for causing the problem.

Be specific about who you're looking to blame? It'll be fairly hard to blame the Democrats, since many of the key appointments were made by Republicans. It will be quite hard to blame the workers since they do what the engineers and supervisors tell them to do. Your agenda is obvious, but your evidence is lousy.
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Once again, just like in the case of Michael Moore, they support liars who trash Republicans/Bush.

Worse yet you prove them wrong, than they call you a liar, and they can not even be honest about there political affiliations. "No, I am not a democrat, but, I support every postion and canidate":bricks:
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How's your research on Bush's "My Pet Goat" frame-rate going?