Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ultimate RW Hypocrisy, Dick Armey, sues to get private plan instead of Medicare...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 21, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Here is the leader of Freedomworks, who will not divulge their sources of funding, Armey receives about 500K pension for life and all the benefits.. he rails about the public option most folks receive when they are 65, wants the government to subsidize his own "cadillac" choice.. unbelievable... reminds me of the ultrahypocritical Contract with America...

DownWithTyranny!: Bill Moyers Asks Just Who Is Dick Armey?

http://www.medicarelawsuit.org/pdf/pr_121608.pdf

Here is the video if you want to enrich your lives for 8 minutes..

Bill Moyers: Tea Party Organizer Is Epitome Of Privilege (VIDEO)
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Re: Ultimate RW Hypocrisy, Dick Armey, sues to get private plan instead of Medicare..

FIRST THIS:
    [​IMG]
    THEN THIS:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Re: Ultimate RW Hypocrisy, Dick Armey, sues to get private plan instead of Medicare..

I'm not going to defend Dick Armey cuz I really don't give two poops about him. What I'm going to point to is the facts being presented in the story. First off, the "government plan" the guy speaks of, is an employer provided insurance policy, and not a "public" option. Since Armey was an "employee" of the gubmit, his "employer", the gubmit, provided insurance as a benefit. People who work for the fed, get an insurance benefit, just like people who work at Citizens Bank, Kellog's, Stop & Shop, etc. Trying to equate a public option, with a federal employee's employment based plan, is disengenuous at best. Expecially since the "public" option being sold to the populace, IS NOT the federal employee plan. I heard Obama discussing this on the Micheal Smerconish Show myself, when a caller asked if federal employees would be rolled into the "public option", and he said no. He said federal employees would stay with the plan they got. They are two entirely different plans.

As for the latter point in the article, regarding medicare and SS, I honestly had no idea you had to accept both, or not receiver either. Why is that? Does anyone know? If someone wanted to pay for their own insurance, why couldn't they? Wouldn't that be a savings to the gubmit? Does some retired millionare who collects SS need to also get medicare, or better yet, should he have to if he doesn't want it? I never knew the two were a package deal like that.