Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ultimate Irony...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It seems that most liberals keep yelling that they dont want "4 more years" of Bush, but the irony is that over the past 4 years Bush has been acting like an ultra liberal.. So much that his approval has dropped to an all time low

Spending money like there is no tomorrow
    sending 45 billion dollars to Africa for Aids research
    Mexican trucking
    NAFTA
    Doing nothing about illegal immigration
    Pandering to Iran and Veneuzeula

Does this sound like a Republican?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

Illegal wire taps
    Lying about the reasons to advocate for war
    deregulation leading to a near banking collapse
    increasing the national debt

Sounds like a Republican to me.. he certainly is not a liberal.. does noe sound like irony to me..

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Torture - preeptive WAR - Spying - Cronies - No-bid contracts - Politicising the justice department - emergency response - lack of education funding - no universal healthcare

THOSE are the things most liberals don't like about Bush.

When he DOES get liberal, its about military spending and corporate bailouts.

Its fun to throw around the term liberal...but its no a blanket way of looking at Bush.

More than anything (and I think I speak for about 70% of americans) we are tired of having a complete-gradeA-FUKCUP running our nation. Conservativism and liberalism are out the window.

4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

QUOTE:Torture - preeptive WAR - Spying - Cronies - No-bid contracts - Politicising the justice department - emergency response - lack of education funding - no universal healthcare

THOSE are the things most liberals don't like about Bush END QUOTE

They seemed to have no problem when Clinton did this...and more

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds like Hugo Chavez or Kim Jongil or Vladimir Putin or Fidel Castro. But they're all "good" liberals because they crap on America.

This cannot continue.

//

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

did you just compare the Bush Admin to KimJong, Chavez and Castro?

love it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still waiting for a valid response...

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I'll give you response. If you believe that Bush has been acting like an ultra liberal it shows you are out of touch with reality. So your thread doesn't deserve a valid response. So theres your response.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

I'll give you a straight answer to this nonsense:

1) "liberals" or whoever you are talking about don't like spending money just for the sake of spending money. Certain social programs that provide a social safety net for the less fortunate in society are worthy of spending some tax money on. As is education and healthcare. Spending it on a war you lied to get us into is certainly not a "liberal" characteristic. The biggest presidential spenders in history have been Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, so that spending shtick against liberals is wearing thin.

2) If you are opposed to sending money to Africa for Aids research and whatever poverty relief we can provide you don't have a soul. We are the richest nation in the world with corporations that profit directly off of Africa's misery, the idea that this is a bad thin speaks volumes for conservative "values." Not to mention it's less than a drop in the bucket to send 45 billion to a continent that large.

3) I'll merge Mexican trucking and NAFTA since they're both cut from the same xenophobic cloth. I can't speak for democrats or mainstream liberals on this but personally, I find NAFTA to be a racist, north-heavy imperialistic agreement that seeks to maintain the disparity between the U.S. and Latin America. I don't know many liberals or conservatives that like NAFTA (perhaps for different reasons) but we do need a fair free trade agreement. Shutting ourselves off from the world is not only unrealistic, it's wrong. Right wingers that rant and rave about American jobs bein lost over seas are the biggest hypocrites (as we've already seen) since losing jobs to cheaper labor forces abroad is a function of the international free market, something you constantly deregulate (to our detriment).

If the American people want affordable cars, cheap goods from China, grapes from Chile and rubber from Nigeria, then they can't then turn around and complain that these corporations are shipping jobs abroad to make things cheaper to produce. Nor can they put tariffs on things like steel and then turn around and claim to be Milton Friedman capitalists. Nobody likes NAFTA, to claim it's a liberal or conservative agreement is just dumb.

4) Doing nothing about illegal immigration is not one of my personal values, though "liberals" or democrats or whever you are talking about seem to be all over the place on this. Personally I want amnesty for everyone and completely open borders. I want the ICE and their thugs like FTW to stop brutally raiding families. I want all of the masked racist talk about english only to be done away with. The status quo is the worst of both worlds. Conservatives don't accept the fact that you cannot deport 12 million people. It's physically and logistically impossible. And yet they constantly go on about not knowing "who is in the country." The only way to find that out is to incorporate them into the system so we can track them. Ranting against them and intimidating them is only going to push them and their families deeper into the cracks.

5) "Pandering to Iran and Venezuela." What a complete joke. First, Bush has done anything but "pander" to Iran. He's been rattling his saber about them and their non-existant nukes for years. If we hadn't invaded Iraq, Iran would not be a problem right now, and as it stands it's not a problem anyway. They aren't invading anyone and all of the anti-Israel talk is in response to similar things Olmert has said about Iran. Venezuela is a non-issue. There's nothing to pander to. They aren't breaking any international laws and have had free and fair elections. The oil companies don't like the nationalization of resources so they are pushing an agenda and you're buying it. But Venezuela has every right to freely elect whoever they want and do whatever they want as long as it doesn't involve the invasion of another overeign nation. It is the height of arrogance for you to suggest that we are pandering to Venezuela by not assassinating their elected leaders.

This strategy of calling Bush a liberal because he is your guy and he has been disastrous is just a transparent and pathetic attempt to distance yourselves from your own mistakes. Their isn't a shred of progressive ideology in this administration and to say that he's been anything other than the typical right wing nut is just laughable.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Wildo I'd give you two pos. rep. points for this post but it won't allow me to give you even one Great post though,so far maybe the best i've seen you write. :rocker::rocker::rocker:
    SO i gave you three rockers instead.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

thread starter... dominated...

thread premise ... festering like a dead possum on scorching hot black asphalt

13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You only get valid responses to valid points...keep trying, you'll get it eventually.;)

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 22 / -19

Yes, it does sound like a Republican. The right has held Republicans to such low standards that they stand for nothing. That said, Bush certainly isn't an ultraliberal, or he'd making the tax code more progressive, fighting to address global warming, pushing for national health care, ending the war in Iraq, and providing more services to the needy. Instead, Bush is a person without principles, sort of like McCain.