PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC East [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC East

I thought this was like a starting lineup conisting of AFCE players. Well if it was it'd probably look like this

QB- Brady
FB- Patrick Pass
HB- Thomas Jones
TE- Ben Watson
Wr- Randy Moss
Wr- Laverneus Coles

De- Jason Taylor
Dt- Vince Wilfork
De- Richard Seymour
Olb- Adalius Thomas
Mlb- Zack Thomas
Mlb- Jonathan Vilma
Olb- Joey Porter
Cb- Asante Samuel
Cb- Andre Dyson
S- Kerry Rhodes
S- Rodney Harrison

Didnt feel like digging through all of the offensive lineman in the division, thought it would be interesting to see peoples different lineups

I thought this was like a starting lineup conisting of AFCE players. Well if it was it'd probably look like this

QB- Brady
FB- Patrick Pass
HB- Thomas Jones
TE- Ben Watson
Wr- Randy Moss
Wr- Laverneus Coles

De- Jason Taylor
Dt- Vince Wilfork
De- Richard Seymour
Olb- Adalius Thomas
Mlb- Zack Thomas
Mlb- Jonathan Vilma
Olb- Joey Porter
Cb- Asante Samuel
Cb- Andre Dyson
S- Kerry Rhodes
S- Rodney Harrison

Didnt feel like digging through all of the offensive lineman in the division, thought it would be interesting to see peoples different lineups
Interesting, if a tad out of date neighbor, Patrick Pass remains a Free Agent at the moment. Maybe he can back of Addai for you. Jones is a good choice over Miami's Brown or NE's Maroney, if only because he's a proven, consistent player. I'd plug Brown in as FB instead of Pass.

As far as Jason Taylor, you seem to be using a 3-4 defense, Taylor would replace Porter in that case and Ty Warren would get the nod over any of the other DE/DTs in the division who might have the size. I can handle Zach Thomas as an ILB in a 3-4, but I don't think Vilma has won his spurs there yet. Belichick seems to be leaning towards using Adalius Thomas inside, so I'd probably put him there and add Mike Vrabel as the other OLB. Kerry Rhodes is a SS, and a good young one. For FS one of Buffalo's Whitner or Simpson would make more sense based on last season's play.

If you use a 4-3:

DE Taylor
DT Seymour
DT Warren
DE Schobel
SLB Vilma
MLB Zach Thomas
WLB Crowell
I'll stick with your DBs as amended.

Poor misunderstood OL, no love I tell you:

LT Has to be the Pats Matt Light, the Jets' 1st year man is still settling in.
LG I'm not sure if one of Buffalo's $50 mil men is better then the Pats' Logan Mankins, but Mankins did get SI's Dr. Z's vote for the Pro-Bowl.
OC The Jets' 1st year kid out of Ohio State did a grand job last season, but the Pats' veteran again gets the nod for year-to-year consistency.
RG Buffalo's started 8 games last year, NY's was considered their weak link, and Miami has moved last year's LT inside to RG, the only consistent RG in the division plays for NE - Stephen Neal.
RT The Jets' Anthony Clement started all 16 games and is a veteran OL which puts him ahead of anyone else who played there last season.

This morning it is getting closer in the early summer bowl... is everyone snowed in in NW NY.

1) Which team has the best offense?

54.3% Buffalo

41.2% New England

2.6% New York Jets

1.8% Miami

2) Which team has the best defense?

54.6% Buffalo

31.1% New England

10.8% Miami

3.5% New York Jets

3) Which team will win the division?

54.4% Buffalo

39.2% New England

3.6% New York Jets

2.8% Miami

Total Votes: 14,649

Jaworski Rankings for AFC East, Offense and Defense

He had the Patriots first for both. Yawn emoticon. I didn't write down the others positions. One interesting extra item is he had the Patriots ranked last last year in the AFC East for offensive team speed; this year, first, because of additions of Stallworth, Moss, Welker. No surprises I guess, but ESPN looks to be getting more into football. They're doing the rest of the divisions the rest of the week, other categories too, I guess.

Interesting, if a tad out of date neighbor, Patrick Pass remains a Free Agent at the moment. Maybe he can back of Addai for you. Jones is a good choice over Miami's Brown or NE's Maroney, if only because he's a proven, consistent player. I'd plug Brown in as FB instead of Pass.

As far as Jason Taylor, you seem to be using a 3-4 defense, Taylor would replace Porter in that case and Ty Warren would get the nod over any of the other DE/DTs in the division who might have the size. I can handle Zach Thomas as an ILB in a 3-4, but I don't think Vilma has won his spurs there yet. Belichick seems to be leaning towards using Adalius Thomas inside, so I'd probably put him there and add Mike Vrabel as the other OLB. Kerry Rhodes is a SS, and a good young one. For FS one of Buffalo's Whitner or Simpson would make more sense based on last season's play.

If you use a 4-3:

DE Taylor
DT Seymour
DT Warren
DE Schobel
SLB Vilma
MLB Zach Thomas
WLB Crowell

LG I'm not sure if one of Buffalo's $50 mil men is better then the Pats' Logan Mankins, but Mankins did get SI's Dr. Z's vote for the Pro-Bowl.
OC The Jets' 1st year kid out of Ohio State did a grand job last season, but the Pats' veteran again gets the nod for year-to-year consistency.
RG Buffalo's started 8 games last year, NY's was considered their weak link, and Miami has moved last year's LT inside to RG, the only consistent RG in the division plays for NE - Stephen Neal.
RT The Jets' Anthony Clement started all 16 games and is a veteran OL which puts him ahead of anyone else who played there last season.

As you can probably see im a tad unfimiliar with the AFCE and the 3-4, which i just put there because the two best teams in the division run it. I agre with most of your changes except for Clement at right tackle, he is absoulutley horrible i would take anyone on the patsies over him in a heartbeat

If you use a 4-3:

DE Taylor
DT Seymour
DT Warren
DE Schobel
SLB Vilma
MLB Zach Thomas
WLB Crowell

Couple things to comment on from a jets fan point of view. Kerry Rhodes is a FS not SS and Whitner is a SS. No big deal you just switch their positions and the lineups still the same. Nick Mangold our center played pro bowl caliber last year in his first year. So I can only imagine his improvement in year two as he becomes more comfortable and bulks up. Our RT Clement isnt horrible he is an average RT in the NFL. You get a little confused with names but its all good. You have the concept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye