PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ultimate Audio (Surround Sound): Pats-Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fantastic! I hope they have one of those every week.

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Wonder why it doesn't work at all for me?????

4:45 is truly an epic moment... :D

Randy Moss: the Patriots' leader

I don't care what he said this past week, 1:25 reminds me of why I have a man crush on Ray Lewis. Good find, shmessy.

I used to watch a news program Called " No comment" , footages about all major events that happened a that time/week, collected from a wide variety of sources, and airs without any narration or commentary at all.That program provides the best insight and emotional comprehension of unfolding events. No comments , just "raw" footages.I loved it.
Thanks for posting Shmessy.

Last edited:
What I love about how NFL Films did this is that they really made it from the point of view of someone participating (whether a fan, announcer, player, waterboy, ,etc) inside and outside the stadium that day - - in surround sound, no less.

It really captured the gameday experience.

My kudos to Steve Sabol and the geniuses at NFL Films.

Best 6:08 minutes have spent in a long time.. :D

Did any of our posters see themselves in the crowd shots?

Another video from the Ravens game courtesy of nfl.com:
Anatomy of a Play: Patriots win the chess match in Brady to Moss TD
On third-and-3, Baltimore played man-to-man coverage on all of New England's eligible receivers and blitzed everyone else. It was Cover Zero, meaning there were no deep safeties.

The advantage to bringing an all-out blitz was that the offense couldn't block everyone. There would be a free rusher at the quarterback. The disadvantage was that there was no free safety to help on any of New England's receivers.

It was a high-risk, high-reward call by Baltimore.

The risk -- if the blitz didn't get to Brady before he threw, he could exploit mismatches, like 6-foot-4 Patriots receiver Randy Moss being covered by 5-foot-11 Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth.

The reward -- if the blitz got to Brady before he threw, a sack or turnover could result.

In chess, aggressively attacking an opponent's king can be an effective strategy. It often puts the other player in a defensive mode, making the opponent retreat into a shell and stop attacking. The same thing can happen to an offense in the face of a Cover Zero blitz. Many quarterbacks will freeze and take a sack, or do something else foolish with the ball.

But Tom Brady is no ordinary king. He has a calmness that allows him to execute in the face of extreme pressure.

When Ed Reed came sprinting off the left side of the Patriots line, unblocked, Brady knew he didn't have much time -- one, maybe two seconds. He also knew that he had one of the greatest jump-ball receivers in the history of the NFL matched in single coverage, with no risk of a safety doubling over on him. Brady had to wait until the last possible moment, before delivering the ball, and needed to put plenty of air under the throw so that Moss could adjust to it.

The amount of time between Brady catching the shotgun snap and releasing the ball was exactly 1.2 seconds. That was just enough time to take one step backward and loft a pass in the direction of Moss. If this play was a chess match, it was a close one. Reed was inches from breaking up the pass.

Amazing how long it takes for the crowd to get on its feet and make noise in that critical fourth down situation. Flacco was already into his count when a lot of people started getting up.

4:45 is truly an epic moment... :D

"verrrry cute" :D

On the 4th down stop you can really see how McGowan influenced the drop from that end zone camera angle.

Ed Reed got about as good a running release off the line as possible - timed to perfection.

Couple of Patriots pass rushers got caught going early a couple of times against the Ravens - experience, I guess.

OWWW, the O line did incredible that play, but i have to give my props to faulk

the guy didnt get flustered, and somehow knew the DT was coming for Brady, and he went and blocked INSIDE, the DT, instead of taking reed who was coming right at him

what a heads up play by faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye