PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UK Fan coming over for a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

On the Roster
Reaction score
I'm a 17 year old massive Pats fan from Milton Keynes, in England.
Last month i was lucky enough to get tickets to go over to America for my first NFL game! New England Patriots Vs New york Jets on December 16th.

Division rivalry should be incredible considering last seasons game at Gillette.

Anyway i just wanted everyone to know to look after me, if you see a guy in a Bruschi jersey and an english accent, come say hi!

I'm looking forward to this so much, it will be the highlight of my year without a doubt.

What's the stadium like and what can i expect?

Last month i was lucky enough to get tickets to go over to America for my first NFL game! New England Patriots Vs New york Jets on December 16th.

Division rivalry should be incredible considering last seasons game at Gillette.

Anyway i just wanted everyone to know to look after me, if you see a guy in a Bruschi jersey and an english accent, come say hi!

I'm looking forward to this so much, it will be the highlight of my year without a doubt.

The stadium is very nice. You can expect very cold weather, possibly wind and snow, so dress accordingly.

Last edited:
A guy in a Bruschi jersey? You'll be easy to find! Along with about 5000 other guys. Just messing with ya.

I hope you enjoy the game. The stadium is pretty big. Get to the parking lot early, enjoy a tailgate (legally, of course) and then head into the stadium and soak it all in. Your first Pats game is one you will never forget.

bring some warm clothes

A guy in a Bruschi jersey? You'll be easy to find! Along with about 5000 other guys. Just messing with ya.

I doubt there will be as many with a London accent looking very lost!

And i've seen videos of Gillette in December, i'll definatly be bringing a jumper.

Although the UK is farther north, we definitely get colder weather in new england. But I wouldn't be surprised to have a freakishly warm december either. I recall a warm day on the first of december last year.

I hope you have a nice trip. I was so (un)lucky to go over there last season for the Colts and Jets homegames. It was a great experience even though they lost both of them (first time in 4½ season they lose 2 in a row and it had to be when I came all the way over there).

I guessing you dont have a driving licence yet (the driving age in UK is 18 just like in most of Europe right?). But if you are going with someone who has one my advise is to rent a car since its the only way to get to the stadium in time for tailgaiting and to spend a fortune in the pro shop - hopefully it wont be raining like last seasons Jets homegame.

Like they others said - wear plenty of clothes. It not a nightgame but still in December it will be very cold watching the game from your seat for 3-4 hours.

Again - have a great time and enjoy it.

Although the UK is farther north, we definitely get colder weather in new england. But I wouldn't be surprised to have a freakishly warm december either. I recall a warm day on the first of december last year.

We played the Texans and it was like 52 degrees or something :eek:

But as for you. I thought coming from upstate NY was a far trip for me. Just enjoy yourself, make alot of noise. I will always remember the first game I went to. Jacksonville playoff game 2 years ago. Great day. It can get pretty cold but your screaming and yellin, at the wildcard game the only thing that was cold was the bottoms of my feet because I was always standing so wear thick, wooly socks.

Last edited:
I guessing you dont have a driving licence yet (the driving age in UK is 18 just like in most of Europe right?). But if you are going with someone who has one my advise is to rent a car since its the only way to get to the stadium in time for tailgaiting and to spend a fortune in the pro shop - hopefully it wont be raining like last seasons Jets homegame.

Driving age in the UK is actually 17, but my dads coming over with me, so he'd be driving me around.

The Hotel we've got is next to a train station, which opens and takes you directly to the Stadium.
Is this option too late for tailgating and the proshop, like you said?

The Hotel we've got is next to a train station, which opens and takes you directly to the Stadium.
Is this option too late for tailgating and the proshop, like you said?

Yes.

And don't think that you can get a beer in the stadium. I got "carded" (asked for ID) by the beer seller -- and I'm over 50! $7 for a plastic bottle of Bud Light isn't cheap either.

The stadium is great. It feels much more spacious than a European soccer stadium so it's easier to get in and and out or move around during the game, but you have a sense of being a long way from the players.

I'll second the advice about clothes -- ski thermals, hat, gloves, boots, if it's cold; serious waterproofs if it's going to rain. As people have said, the weather in New England can vary drastically at that time of the year. Last December it was still a pleasant autumn, but it could just as easily be a blizzard with a foot of snow. Fortunately, the weather forecasts on Boston.com are pretty reliable, so you should have a reasonable idea of what to expect.

Cheers for the great advice mike.
So what is the tailgating experience? I've heard so many good things about it

Be sure to visit Lexington and Concord. It is there that football got it's real start. Had there been no battle there, we would be watching sucky soccer and thinking it was exciting.:rocker:

Be sure to visit Lexington and Concord. It is there that football got it's real start. Had there been no battle there, we would be watching sucky soccer and thinking it was exciting.:rocker:
I'd also suggest visiting numerous Irish bars in downtown Boston where you can tell Paddy jokes to an 'attentive' audience.

I'd also suggest visiting numerous Irish bars in downtown Boston where you can tell Paddy jokes to an 'attentive' audience.

We have enough Plastic Irish bars in London. He doesn't need to go all the way to Boston to meet people whose ancestors left Ireland a million years ago (he says smugly with an Irish mother) :D

Have fun, Marshy. I've heard great things about the US and Gilette. I hope to make the pilgrimage myself one day.

Yeah, well, at least we know how to bat and bowl properly. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back