Welcome to PatsFans.com

Uh oh, McCain supports ACORN

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +182 / 4 / -6

[​IMG]

Ben Smith's Blog: Acorn pushes back, hugs McCain - Politico.com

The beleaguered Democratic-leaning community group Acorn sends over this photograph: John McCain, in March of 2006, sitting beside Florida Rep. Kendrick Meek at an event Acorn co-sponsored in Florida.

The immigration event, which other photos show was packed with red-shirted Acorn member, was co-sponsored by the local Catholic Archdiocese, the SEIU, and other groups.

McCain, still spiting much of his party on immigration at the time, was the headline

Bertha Lewis, Acorn's chief organizer, said in a statement that came with the photo, “It has deeply saddened us to see Senator McCain abandon his historic support for ACORN and our efforts to support the goals of low-income Americans."

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

The deniers will be forthcoming.. McCain was a POW, he has been a senator forever, he screwed around on his incapacitate wife and was linked to the keating five.. he could never do this.
  3. Patters

Ratings:
    +182 / 4 / -6

Sad thing is, the maverick McCain was a far more admirable character than the one who changed his values and principles in a pathetic attempt to claw his way to the top. He's an unprincipled man.
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm curious how much he's donated to ACORN. And the issue with ACORN isn't ACORN itself it's the voter fraud. Welfare is good too. Welfare fraud is not.

[​IMG]
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

[​IMG]
    Gallup... Gallup... But then filthy Acornses tries to take the preciousssss... Gallup...
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Does it hurt to talk out of both sides of your mouth like that?
  7. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I doubt it does because he and his fellow righties do it so often.
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What the hell are you talking about? On second thought you exposed yourself today as the complete loon we all knew you were. So don't bother answering. I think I'll add you to my ignore list along with your fellow loon.
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yes, just ignore everyone that calls you out on your BS, that'll work! Typical right wing mentality, come to a political forum and then just ignore anyone who disagrees with you.:rofl:
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +182 / 4 / -6

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

The master baiters:

Not exactly personal attacks, but certainly baiting remarks:

Wildo7: Does it hurt to talk out of both sides of your mouth like that?

PF1996: I doubt it does because he and his fellow righties do it so often.

Now, a personal attack:

Michael: What the hell are you talking about? On second thought you exposed yourself today as the complete loon we all knew you were. So don't bother answering. I think I'll add you to my ignore list along with your fellow loon.

Now, more baiting:

Wildo7: Yes, just ignore everyone that calls you out on your BS, that'll work! Typical right wing mentality, come to a political forum and then just ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

Please quit it. I think I have a reasonable basis for up to 3 infractions, as some would argue I should do.
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I didn't bait anyone, nor did I insult anyone personally. If you want to issue infractions then by all means go for it. And while your at it, venture over to the other thread where Belichick fan has called me an "asswipe" and a "douchebag" amongst other things.

Last I checked it's not against the rules to claim someone is talking out of both sides of their mouths or comment on what a garbage attitude it is to just inore anyone who you disagree with.

Personally I'd like it if you just enforced the rules instead of trying to appear balanced where there is no need for it. One side insulted and the other did not.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +182 / 4 / -6

Baiting isn't against the rules, but it does personalize things and disrupt threads. I was going to close this thread, but decided to post my observations instead. And I have been issuing more infractions, but when 2 gang up on 1, it strikes me as unfair. Infractions is a subjective business, and I'd really rather just discourage people from personal attacks.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=1...386&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12387&cHash=5706e23a2f[

McCain wa sthe Keynote speaker at ACORN two years ago.

John McCain obviously has alzheimers.

ACORN to McCain: Have You Lost That Loving Feeling?
    October 13, 2008

Senator Allied with ACORN as Recently as 2006, Now Turns Cold Shoulder

October 13, 2008, Miami, FL - U.S. Senator John McCain's recent attacks on the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) are puzzling given his historic support for the organization and its efforts on behalf of immigrant Americans. As recently as February 20, 2006, Senator McCain was the keynote speaker at an ACORN-sponsored Immigration Rally in Miami, Florida at Miami Dade College – Wolfson Campus.

The rally, co-sponsored by ACORN in partnership with the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC), Catholic League Services – Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia/Vota en Accion, the Service Employees International Union, and UNITE/HERE, was intended to call attention to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

Senator McCain spoke at the rally attended by hundreds of ACORN members, most of whom were dressed in the red shirts typical of its members. Senator McCain's speech focused on the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, a bipartisan, comprehensive reform bill, which McCain sponsored with Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA).
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  14. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +129 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

This is why McCain is a horrible candidate, for years he hobnobbed with these democrat criminals, and now they, like they always do, are turning on him.

Democrat voter fraud is not new, it is the only reason that JFK even won. But today this is getting incredible.

The bottomline here is Obama was ACORN's attorney, he gave them $800,000 from THIS CAMPAIGN to comitt voter fraud on his behalf. Democrat voter fraud, may well put this election into the courts, where now one wants it to be. but it seems to be on such a large scale that it might be inevitable.

We already have a database of americans, it is called our SS numbers. Immigration has something called e-verify, which in the blink of an eye verify that a name, Alien number and SS number are valid. Why can't they just double check the voter roles against this database (and the convicted felons lists) and wholla, you have a realitively clean election. Here in Georgia, you have to show a state issued ID at the polls (and yes, they give them out for free to the jobless democrats), pretty simple.

Voter fraud is a democrat way of life, and hopefully this election will finally cause America to wake up and secure our voting.

Of course if Obama wins, we probobaly won't have any more free elections to worry about.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  15. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Yes, if Obama wins your house will be burned down, terrorists will be named to the cabinet, and the world as we know it will be totally destroyed. :rolleyes:
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Your post is about 98% bull$h!t

Obama never asked ACORN to do anything they already weren't doing. ACORN attempts to register people to vote. This is exactly the reason David Iglesias was "relieved of his duty" by Bush. He investigated over 100 complaints about ACORN.
    ================================================================
    Interview: David Iglesias . NOW | PBS

NOW: As the U.S. Attorney of New Mexico you were asked to investigate and prosecute instances of voter fraud. What was the nature of this alleged voter fraud?

DAVID IGLESIAS (DI): I was aware that the Justice Department was interested in having U.S. attorneys investigate and prosecute voter fraud going back to 2002. In New Mexico, I wasn't really aware of that being a potential large scale issue until the summer of 2004. So I set up a taskforce in September 2004 to investigate. I made it state, local and federal law enforcement, and I had made sure that the FBI was involved, and that the Justice Department, public integrity section in Washington was involved. I made sure that there were both Democrat and Republican officials as part of this voter fraud effort because I wanted to allay the fears of New Mexicans that this was some kind of partisan witch hunt.

NOW: And did you find prosecutable cases?

DI: No. We looked at well over 100 cases ... Upon reviewing the evidence and looking at the FBI reports, and actually talking to the FBI agent in charge of this, I concluded, as did the public integrity section at main Justice [Department] and at the local FBI office, that we didn't have any prosecutable cases.

NOW: Clearly, voter fraud is a crime. When do efforts to ferret out those few offenders cross the line into something more inappropriate where you are engaging in an effort to strike legitimate voters from the rolls?

DI: Are you putting pressure on the U.S. Attorneys to try to file indictments immediately before an election? If so, that is inappropriate. In fact, there's a longstanding policy in the Justice Department to not do that. And it appears, in some districts, there was pressure put on us to engage in unlawful activities. And that is not what the Justice Department stands for.

ACORN can register all the dead people they want. The registrations still need to be checked by law, and if they are found to be fraudulent, they are thrown out.

McCain was ACORNs keynote speaker two years ago.

I'll repeat that....

ago.

Ifg this is teh McCain campaign's "october surprise" Its like waking up christmas morning to find that santa puked on your tree. Seriously? is this what you have?