PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

uh-oh...Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
picked against the Pats for the first time in history......well I should clarify...tonight on Pats tailgate pregame show.....Smerlas and DeOssie thought the Pats WOULD WIN.....but NOT by 9.5 points which is the spread.......and apparently this is the first time ever that both did not expect the Pats to cover the spread......I personally disagree.....and agree with Glenn O. that the spread is appropriate....and see the Pats taking it by 10 points.......24-14........GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The phins play us like the broncos. For whatever reason, we never cruise against either of these teams. We could dominate every stat in the game and still just win by like 3 points.

I see the pats winning, but i can also see it being close. they could be right!

I was reading in the herald that the pats have handled the dolphins pretty well over the past few years. it said they should have 6 wins in a row.
the only 2 loses were the game we threw to play the jags in the playofs, and the late 4th qtr meltdown in miami after leading most of the game.

it said we should be like 9-2 in our past 11.

my point is, that while we all agree that the game could be tougher than people think and the pats better not take it lightly, we all also expect the pats to come ready to play and to ultimately win the game. BB won't let them sleep on this one. they will want it as badly as the phins and the phins are just plain struggling right now, so the pats should be able to take the game.

The next time the Patriots play "against the spread" will be the first.

SamBam39 said:
I was reading in the herald that the pats have handled the dolphins pretty well over the past few years. it said they should have 6 wins in a row.
the only 2 loses were the game we threw to play the jags in the playofs, and the late 4th qtr meltdown in miami after leading most of the game.

it said we should be like 9-2 in our past 11.

my point is, that while we all agree that the game could be tougher than people think and the pats better not take it lightly, we all also expect the pats to come ready to play and to ultimately win the game. BB won't let them sleep on this one. they will want it as badly as the phins and the phins are just plain struggling right now, so the pats should be able to take the game.

But they're not. You are what you are.

The Dolphins always play the Pats tough, I expect a close game. I would not be surprised if it was a touchdown or FG game.

Last edited:
9 or 10 points is alot against a division rival but thats why there are teaser bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down