Welcome to PatsFans.com

Uh oh, do military families want terrorists to win?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

If only they had listened to the liberals ....

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/...oll7dec07,0,4843202.story?coll=la-home-center

The views of the military community, which includes active-duty service members, veterans and their family members, mirror those of the overall adult population, a sign that the strong military endorsement that the administration often pointed to has dwindled in the war's fifth year.

Nearly six out of every 10 military families disapprove of Bush's job performance and the way he has run the war, rating him only slightly better than the general population does.

And among those families with soldiers, sailors and Marines who have served in Iraq or Afghanistan, 60% say that the war in Iraq was not worth the cost, the same result as all adults surveyed.

Military families are only slightly more patient: 35% are willing to stay until victory; 58% want the troops home within a year or sooner.

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Looks like it.

[​IMG]

Traitors

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  3. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Interesting that only 23% of all respondants want the troops to come home right away, I would have thought that number would be higher. I'm not sure why such a high percentage (41%) say they should be brought home within a year. If they feel we can't make necessary progress in that year, why wouldn't they say just get them out now? Also interesting that in response to the question "Do you approve or diapprove of the way Bush is handling the needs of active-duty troops, military families and veterans" of all respondants only 29% approve, but looking only at households with military in Iraq/vets that number climbs to 42%. That same group also still trusts Republicans more than Democrats "to handle issues relating to military families." 42% to 31%. I wonder what the numbers would be from the troops themselves, if they'd be higher, lower, or what.

As usual, you could spin this data any way you want. A conservative publication could lead with the headlines "Iraq military families prefer Republican leadership to Democratic" or "Less than a quarter of Americans support an immediate withdrawal from Iraq, study finds."

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What makes you call them that..? I don't see any of those people gloating over American deaths the way you do. You don't even try to hide your glee when America suffers a tragedy or setback abroad. That my treasonous friend, is what will condemn you to the 9th circle of hell.

5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

The LA Times....

please, where is their "research", I love what their definition of a "military family" is. Theresa Heinz fits that description.

This paper is about as reliable a source as a crack whore down to her last fix.

6. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well it seems their definition of military family is a bit stretched. Asking my parents about whether they support the war ...yada yada...does not constitute or qualify as a military family response. Liars figure...and figures lie. I did not see one active duty family member quoted ..... maybe I missed it.

That said I know support is thinning as toops are on their 2nd - 4th deployments......and there is no clearly defined end to the War on Terror, which makes this different imo then previous conflicts etc....

Patters....the title of this thread is really stupid.....

7. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

~QFT~

All of these polls can be twisted and construed into what ever they want them to say. Still it wont stop the demotards from thinking this is 100% factual though.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

It's facetious. If you were here more, you would have seen a lot of threads saying liberals want the terrorists to win, which of course is absurd. Unlike many conservatives, we don't even agree with Al Qaeda on social issues like abortion and gay rights.

9. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice of you to drag military families into your political forum games :) I know it was facetious....doesn't make it any less stupid!