Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What do you think is the ugliest win the pats have had in the Brady era? I am sure there are more than the ones I listed, so please post them if wanted.

I know Tom Brady historically struggles against the Dolphins moreso than any other opponent and I haven't seen all the games you've noted there, but I did see that Ravens game and man that was rough.

If you guys had pulled out that 2004 game on Monday night in Miami, I would've said that game but fortunately we were able to pull it out. :D

Ugliest win???? Chicago 02??? he was awesome that game, and that was a great game... Falcons 05??? was flawless that game..

Check Dolphins 04 ,06 or the Giants game of 03 those would be some ugly wins with Brady playing at his worst..

I think that is what your trying to get at, but 02 bears and falcons of 05 should not be on that list,because they were good games and not ugly wins...

2003 @ Houston springs to mind, but I don't there is such a thing as a ugly win.

Last year versus Chargers in the playoffs.

2004 vs Miami in NE. 69 yards passing.

No win is ugly ;) Having said that, the win over Cleveland in 2003 (9-3) was fairly hard on the eyes. The Post-Blizzard game at home against Miami was fun, but the game was fairly ugly in and of itself (12-0, 3-0 deep into the 4th). That was the game where Charlie Weis went off on the offense (from the America's Game series) saying everyone needs to wake the **** up ("you included!" to #12)...

Ugliest win???? Chicago 02??? he was awesome that game, and that was a great game... Falcons 05??? was flawless that game..

Check Dolphins 04 ,06 or the Giants game of 03 those would be some ugly wins with Brady playing at his worst..

I think that is what your trying to get at, but 02 bears and falcons of 05 should not be on that list,because they were good games and not ugly wins...

Yea, The 2005 Falcons game was Banana's - He had a 140 passer rating that game, 350 Yards, and 3 Td's.

I know from experience........I was there.

Yea, The 2005 Falcons game was Banana's - He had a 140 passer rating that game, 350 Yards, and 3 Td's.

I know from experience........I was there.

One of the few Bethal Johnson highlights came from that game.. That rainbow to him was awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
2006 v.s. the Chargers in the Divisional Round was, by far, the UGLIEST win I have ever seen. If we had lost, you could actually blame Brady for it because he threw INT after INT. Credit Troy Brown for saving that game.

A lot of good ones but one that comes to mind for me would be :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211202020

December 2, 2001. We were dominated in the first half and I never felt confident until Vinny threw an INT right at the end. This was the game which really pushed the 2001 Patriots over the top for me (in terms of thinking they could win games they looked like they should lose).

Last edited:
Squealers, regular season, 2005.

Not because of Brady's play--obviously, he was spectacular in the fourth quarter--but b/c the Pats lost Harrison and Light for the season. :(

@ Biils 2001. Fairly late in regulation, the Bills had an apparent TD taken away by the refs; I forget exactly why, but I do recall television replays showing that it was indeed a TD, but the Bills did not contest the call, enabling the Pats to win in OT. This was the game in which Patten was literally knocked out on a sideline hit during OT; he had apparently fumbled the ball and it was picked up by the Bills and advanced for a significant gain. However, while checking on replay for something else, the refs discovered that the ball had touched the unconscious Patten while he himself was laying half out of bounds, thus nullifying the return and giving the ball back to the Pats. While the Bills were busy squawking about this, Antowain Smith ran the next play up the gut for a long gain to set up the winning figgie.

U-U-u-u-u-u-ugly with two capital U's.

Nobody is mentioning this game but I think the Jets game in '07 at home was a pretty ugly win. Probably more cause I wanted the Pats to beat them so bad. I was hoping for a 30+ point win and we actually came close to losing that game. TB and the whole offense played horrible. Defense and Special Teams won that game for us.

Nobody is mentioning this game but I think the Jets game in '07 at home was a pretty ugly win. Probably more cause I wanted the Pats to beat them so bad. I was hoping for a 30+ point win and we actually came close to losing that game. TB and the whole offense played horrible. Defense and Special Teams won that game for us.

The offense played horrible because a snow storm was blowing through the area during that time as well. Our passing attack was grounded hence the 100+ yards from Maroney in that game. I will agree with you though... pretty ugly win.

One of the few Bethal Johnson highlights came from that game.. That rainbow to him was awesome...

Yea, Great Stuff!!

I live in the Atl. and don't get to a lot of Pats games, so it's nice to be able to talk about one that I actually attended. :)

Before I even clicked on the post the first game that came to mind was @ Ravens 2007. The Pats deserved that win about as much as the Giants deserved the SB win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down