Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ugh, I know, Polls...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +529 / 6 / -2

I like to frequent RealClearPolitics alot, and haven't as much since it's tax season. Anyway's, I went today and noticed they had some state polls up. The findings were very, very interesting. This election is going to be very different than that which we've been used too.

All figures versus McCain for obvious reasons. (- denotes trailing <-> + leading)

PA: Hillary +.8%
    Obama -1%

PA last went to a republican in 1988.

OH: Hillary +2%
    Obama -5%

OH: We all know how important this state is. It's chosen the winner in 10 straight elections. Dems would love to win this state that has gone repub in 7 of the last 10 elections.

NJ: Hillary +3%
    Obama +2%

NJ: Hasn't gone Republican since 1988.

FL: Hillary -3%
    Obama -8%

FL: Has only gone Democrat twice in last 36 years.

IA: Hillary -8%
    Obama +9.7%

IA: Amazing disparity between how the two candidates would fare against McCain. IA went GOP in 2004, but was Dem property in 4 straight elections prior.

MI: Hillary -3%
    Obama -1%

MI: Michigan has gone to Dem candidates in the last 4 elections, after going to the GOP for the 5 prior.

WI: Hillary -11%
    Obama -2%

WI: Wisconsin last went republican in 1984.

OR: Hillary -6%
    Obama +6%

OR: Oregon has gone for Dems in 5 straight elections, after 5 straight for the GOP. Again, very interesting to see the disparity between the two candidates in some states.

As you can all see this election is quirky at 7+ months out. A long way to go, but it should prove to be a fun ride. Please add any info if you know any.

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,313 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

You may know of this already, but a fabulous poll clearinghouse site is http://www.pollingreport.com/

They have everything over there by all the biggest pollers - left and right.

What's impressive is the site is well organized and categorized so the massive amounts of polling data don't overwhelm.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +529 / 6 / -2

Lots of poll information there, only, you need to subscribe to see the state polling figures. Still though, lots of excellent data there. ;)

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I like realclear politics too RW. Pretty comprehensive. Thanks for that other site too shmessy, I'll have to check it out.

I'd also like to throw out factcheck.org and poltifact.com. Both are not really polling sites but more like non-partisan guides that help readers mire through all the crap of campaigns and get to facts.