PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ugh, Felger keeps trolling on about Ocho making 6 mil "guaranteed" this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer listen to them. From 2-6, I listen to WEEI or I turn it off. I still listen and enjoy Gresch and Zolak.

He's been paid $5.75MM this year.

$6M counting his $250K workout bonus. All players were entitled to them in full once the lockout ended. So Chad did indeed make $6M guaranteed this season.

To put a positive Chad like spin on it though, the good news is there is no additional guaranteed money in his 3 year $12M (plus $5m in apparently unreachable incentives like pro bowl) extension so they will gain $1.5M in cap space when they release him. The bad news is his 2012 dead cap hit of $3.16M will exceed his 2011 cap hit of $2.75M...for even less production. But it remains preferable to a cap hit of $4.5M if he remains here in 2012. They could decide to postpone his departure until June and spread the dead cap into 2012 & 2013 at $1.53M per year...

And some of you people quibble about extending Branch who made $2.2M this season...LOL

Last edited:
The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl. At this point in time, why should anyone give a damn how much Johnson makes?

This exactly!

Obviously 85 is paid well over his production. This means the signing was a mistake (unless by some miracle he is a stellar producer the next couple of years). However, the Patriots are in the SB. Who they signed, what they paid them, how many mistakes they made are moot points. They will become hot issues a couple of months from now though.

Besides, don't you know? 85 is about to earn every penny by way of a performance unparalleled in the history of the SB :D

As far as I'm concerned, this whole ordeal breaks down as follows:

The Pats made 2 big offseason additions in Haynseworth and Ocho....

Neither worked out.....

The Patriots still made it to the Superbowl......

End.....of.....story.

Oh and why is anyone here listening to Felger? He's had an agenda for years. Remember when Peyton Manning was going to be signed before Brady? Remember how Tom Brady had to get on his knees and beg for a new contract?

Yeah, he's been anti-Pats since BB called him out during a presser. Felger said something like "Can I ask a stupid question?" and BB said something to the effect of "Hasn't stopped you in the past". Plus, he's a cheeze-head from bleeding WS. Only listen to him to make fun of him and his lap dog.

Last edited:
It makes no difference because, by all accounts, he tried his best it just didn't work out. If he had dogged it that would be different. It appears to have been a good faith effort by both sides with an unfortunate outcome.

Yup.

It happens. And sometimes the player in question not only doesn't contribute, he becomes a problem in the lockerroom.

I'll not give Johnson too much credit for taking it like a man - but I think, if I had to choose between having him or Santonio Holmes, I'll take Chad every time.

What? A Feger thread and I am not involved?

I love it how the radio douches (D & C in particular) cannot enjoy this great season but have to dwell on the few negatives such as Ocho. Personally I like Ocho.

BTW 6 million is chump change compared to baseball players...football players are grossly underpaid considering the violence and short careers in this sport

Oh and why is anyone here listening to Felger? He's had an agenda for years. Remember when Peyton Manning was going to be signed before Brady? Remember how Tom Brady had to get on his knees and beg for a new contract?

Yeah, he's been anti-Pats since BB called him out during a presser. Felger said something like "Can I ask a stupid question?" and BB said something to the effect of "Hasn't stopped you in the past". Plus, he's a cheeze-head from bleeding WS. Only listen to him to make fun of him and his lap dog.
Actually, I believe it went something like this: MF: "Correct me if I'm wrong..", and BB quickly interjected, "I can't wait." Even Felger's colleagues in the media laughed at him. Ever since, he's had a hair across his can for BB.

The fact that people take Felcher seriously amuses me...

I like Ocho fine too. The bonus is a sunk cost. Doesn't mean he can't be a good Patriot and a useful player for the little money he is owed over the next two seasons.

$6M counting his $250K workout bonus. All players were entitled to them in full once the lockout ended. So Chad did indeed make $6M guaranteed this season.

To put a positive Chad like spin on it though, the good news is there is no additional guaranteed money in his 3 year $12M (plus $5m in apparently unreachable incentives like pro bowl) extension so they will gain $1.5M in cap space when they release him. The bad news is his 2012 dead cap hit of $3.16M will exceed his 2011 cap hit of $2.75M...for even less production. But it remains preferable to a cap hit of $4.5M if he remains here in 2012. They could decide to postpone his departure until June and spread the dead cap into 2012 & 2013 at $1.53M per year...

And some of you people quibble about extending Branch who made $2.2M this season...LOL

Actually, the difference between keeping and cutting him is just 1.34mill which is only about half of the average cap hit per player on the 53 man roster.
In other words, keeping him is, in a way, cheaper than cutting him.

Actually, I believe it went something like this: MF: "Correct me if I'm wrong..", and BB quickly interjected, "I can't wait." Even Felger's colleagues in the media laughed at him. Ever since, he's had a hair across his can for BB.

Ah that's it. I remember BB burning him pretty good there but I couldn't remember the specifics. But if anyone's looking for the roots of Felger's hate, it's there. He used to be refreshingly positive on the Pats until that moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back