PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UFC 120 Predictions

TBradyOwnsYou

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I was on leave so missed 119, though frankly, I don't care as 119 and 120 are horrible cards.
I will however, attempt to regain continuity and post predictions for the upcoming UFC 120 on October 16th.

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick
I'll take Wilks in a unanimous decision just because Patrick is Canadian.
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Brown 2nd round TKO over the dirty Frenchman (yes, this will be a pattern).
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
Unfortunately, here I have to pick the Englishman Hathaway by 3rd round TKO as the American is old balls.
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
This one is easy. The awesome American Condit by 3rd round submission. He will beat Hardy's stupid face for three rounds and then sink in a rear naked choke so deep that Hardy's head pops off and we never have to listen to him speak or watch him "fight" ever again. Yes, that is my prediction. I hate Dan Hardy.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
It's in England, duh, Bisbing over Sexyama by unanimous decision.

Claude Patrick by UD- Patrick has superior striking
Kongo by TKO: round 1- again better striking and good td defense from Kongo
Hathaway by UD- great hips as shown in the sanchez/story fignts and good but not great hands. If it gets to the ground though and Pyle is on top Hathaway could be in trouble.
Dan Hardy by close UD- Condit got exposed a bit against McDonald and Hardy is a good technical striker. Condit is going to be looking to get this fight to the ground but he's not GSP so I don't expect him to be as successful with the TD and GSP is a legit blackbelt with good submissions and he couldn't sub Hardy so I don't see Condit doing it.
Akiyama by KO: round 2- working with Greg Jackson will do wonders for akiyama and who was the last Jackson fighter not named Carwin gas in a fight. Akiyama has big power in his hands and he's got a great chin. His Judo is elite and hes got good speed. Akiyama takes this easy if he doesn't gas.

Last edited:

HA. Nice. I wonder though if the Hamil decision will make sure that doesn't happen. But I suspect you are correct. Nevermind the judges, the UFC has big interest in Bisbing's success. There is a video from ringside of the Henderson fight. Lorenzo Fertitta looked less than happy after the knockout. Bisbing has been their golden boy in promoting in the UK market.

HA. Nice. I wonder though if the Hamil decision will make sure that doesn't happen. But I suspect you are correct. Nevermind the judges, the UFC has big interest in Bisbing's success. There is a video from ringside of the Henderson fight. Lorenzo Fertitta looked less than happy after the knockout. Bisbing has been their golden boy in promoting in the UK market.

God, even *I* could have knocked him out during that fight! He was circling IN to Henderson's one chance to end the fight standing. How stupid do you have to be?!?!
I suspect in this fight he will have a bit better of a game plan against sexyama and he won't get finished so he will therefore win the automatic "grow MMA in England/Europe" judges ruling.

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick
I'll take Wilks in a unanimous decision just because Patrick is Canadian.
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Brown 2nd round TKO over the dirty Frenchman (yes, this will be a pattern).
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
Unfortunately, here I have to pick the Englishman Hathaway by 3rd round TKO as the American is old balls.
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
This one is easy. The awesome American Condit by 3rd round submission. He will beat Hardy's stupid face for three rounds and then sink in a rear naked choke so deep that Hardy's head pops off and we never have to listen to him speak or watch him "fight" ever again. Yes, that is my prediction. I hate Dan Hardy.

Patrick > Wilks UD
Kongo = Browne UD
Pyle > Hathaway UD
Condit > Hardy KO!!!!!!!!!!!
Bisbing > Akiyama UD

What a boring, boring card. I can't watch them anymore unfortunately because people are too lazy to fix the one freaking AFN satellite on base, but I am not sad about missing this one!
3 decisions, and a draw?!
At least Hardy got KTFO! Life is good!

Patrick > Wilks UD
Kongo = Browne UD
Pyle > Hathaway UD
Condit > Hardy KO!!!!!!!!!!!
Bisbing > Akiyama UD

What a boring, boring card. I can't watch them anymore unfortunately because people are too lazy to fix the one freaking AFN satellite on base, but I am not sad about missing this one!
3 decisions, and a draw?!
At least Hardy got KTFO! Life is good!

**** that card I did terrible haha start up the 121 prediction thread so I can redeem myself.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back