PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UFC 104 (spoilers)

STFarmy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone watch this last night? There were some great fights. I liked the Chael Sonnan fight, and it was crazy to see Rumble Johnson knock Yoshida so fast. Cain Valasquez is a straight-up monster too.

What did anyone think about the main event? Rua took on Machida better than anyone has previously. And honestly, I was rooting for Machida, but I think Rua won. Can't believe they gave it the Dragon.

Anyone watch this last night? There were some great fights. I liked the Chael Sonnan fight, and it was crazy to see Rumble Johnson knock Yoshida so fast. Cain Valasquez is a straight-up monster too.

What did anyone think about the main event? Rua took on Machida better than anyone has previously. And honestly, I was rooting for Machida, but I think Rua won. Can't believe they gave it the Dragon.

Really? I thought this was the worst card they put on in a long time.

You thought it was crazy the Rumble took him out so fast? the dude weighed in 6lbs over! that's dramatic... especially considering he probably came to the ring close to 20lbs heavier than Yoshida. I love Rumble as a prospect, but he has no business in that division when it's clear that he cant make 170.

Rua won easily.. that was a freakin sham. Stevie Wonder had the fight 48-46 Shogun. That was as bad as the Holyfield/Lennox 1 scoring.

Last edited:
Really? I thought this was the worst card they put on in a long time.

You thought it was crazy the Rumble took him out so fast? the dude weighed in 6lbs over! that's dramatic... especially considering he probably came to the ring close to 20lbs heavier than Yoshida. I love Rumble as a prospect, but he has no business in that division when it's clear that he cant make 170.

Rua won easily.. that was a freakin sham. Stevie Wonder had the fight 48-46 Shogun. That was as bad as the Holyfield/Lennox 1 scoring.

Yeah I liked the card. I know that Rumble is a devastating striker, but Yoshida is no joke. He's a very, very good fighter. He hasn't looked great in the UFC, but he was great in Japan. The 6 pounds over thing (at weigh-in) was shameful, yes. He should actually be in the middleweight division if he can't make weight. Rumble is a good prospect though, and I wish he had fought Matt Brown a few months ago like he was supposed to.

I can't say Rua won easily, but I definitely thought he took 3 of the 5 rounds. He shook Machida off his game plan and had him cornered a few times. I would have said 48-47 Shogun. He really pushed the pace well. Hopefully Dana will do a rematch.

There has to be a rematch.

Shogun won the fight but you aren't going to finish Machida with leg kicks. I can't wait for the rematch.

Yeah, Shogun won that fight. I'm not a very avid UFC follower, but even I could see that. He wasn't just landing leg kicks, he was also landing punches and elbows.

Who was the one guy that was taking those devestating punches and ended up getting the fight stopped despite the fact that he was still standing?

Yeah, Shogun won that fight. I'm not a very avid UFC follower, but even I could see that. He wasn't just landing leg kicks, he was also landing punches and elbows.

Who was the one guy that was taking those devestating punches and ended up getting the fight stopped despite the fact that he was still standing?

I think you're referring to the Cain Valasquez/Ben Rothwell fight. Rothwell was getting hammered, but he was still standing. He looked pretty outmatched to me.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back