PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ufc 101

WhiskeyBreath

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Here ya go squares wanted.

Been looking forward to this for a while. I'm a huge Griffin fan so I'll be pulling for him to win this one. Most likely not going to happen. I wish it were a 5 rounder.

Lightweight Championship Bout: BJ Penn © vs. Kenny Florian
Light Heavyweight Bout: Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin
Welterweight Bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Johny Hendricks
Middleweight Bout: Kendall Grove vs. Ricardo Almeida
Lightweight Bout: Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino

I hope that Florian, Griffin, and Sadollah win. I'm a huge Sadollah fan, he's one of the most likeable guys ever on that show. Great fighting talent as well, all of his wins on the show came with a finish when he was behind in the cards. Awesome heart, and a great attitude. I think Penn and Silva will likely win, but I'm pulling for both the oppositions.

It's in Philly too, that should be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for Florian pretty hard, and have decided to root for Forrest since Anderson beating hi would make a GSP matchup less likely. I like Amir and hope he performs well, it's been a long lay off for him.

I'm rooting for Florian pretty hard, and have decided to root for Forrest since Anderson beating hi would make a GSP matchup less likely. I like Amir and hope he performs well, it's been a long lay off for him.

All my friends that I train with here HATE Florian. I haven't really figured out why, they just can't stand him. They do admit he's talented though. I think Penn/Florian has the potential to be a fight of the year candidate if they're both on their games.

Yeah Amir's had like two leg infections and a broken collar bone since winning TUF. I know he must've been chomping at the bit to get back in, especially since other guys from that season like Dolloway, Brown, and Credeur have gone on to have multiple wins since then. Thinking back, that was a pretty awesome season. Matthew Riddle, the red-headed 19 year old that Jackson nicknamed "Chipper," is fighting tonight too in the undercard. I really wanted to see Matt Brown vs. Rumble Johnson; too bad Johnson was arrested.

Ok, I realize I'm partial because I'm a huge fanboy, but I think that was a little bit of an early stoppage on the ref's part. Yes, Hendricks rocked Amir, and it looked bad. But I think the fact that Amir was getting up showed that he wasn't completely out of it. No griping, I know the ref was just doing his job.

Okay, maybe a little griping.

Ok, I realize I'm partial because I'm a huge fanboy, but I think that was a little bit of an early stoppage on the ref's part. Yes, Hendricks rocked Amir, and it looked bad. But I think the fact that Amir was getting up showed that he wasn't completely out of it. No griping, I know the ref was just doing his job.

Okay, maybe a little griping.
after seeing replay, it wasn't an early stoppage

amir's got no one to balme but himself

that was brutal to watch, hate short fights like that

go flo and griffin!

after seeing replay, it wasn't an early stoppage

amir's got no one to balme but himself

that was brutal to watch, hate short fights like that

go flo and griffin!

The ref's job is to protect the fighters, so I can see why he stopped it. But, I don't think it was a conclusive stoppage, especially with Amir going to get up as the ref is stopping it. For getting in that position though, yes, that's on him. He'll be good though, I'm sure.

Whoa, how about that Forrest/Silva fight? I can't believe that, I've never seen such a thing. (Trying to keep it as general as possible for those who haven't seen it yet.)

Time for Penn/Florian!

Last edited:
So what'd everyone think? I thought the Silva performance was pretty unbelievable. I was also very pleasantly surprised but Ricardo Almeida; his takedowns were awesome, he switched between strong wrestling and slick judo to basically flatten Grove out at will.

Oh yes, and don't forget the WEC is having a free event tonight @ 9pm EST on Vs. If you want to see a guy who is one of the best pound for pound fighters (as Silva is) watch Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles. Torres is just a brilliant fighter, he never wastes a movement. Should be a great event.

Wow. Silva looked like the Silva of old and just toyed with Griffin before knocking him out with ease. You gotta give Griffin credit for having the balls to try and give an exciting fight by standing up and striking with Silva but it wasn't too smart of a decision.

Why didn't Penn take the Florian fight to the ground sooner than he did? Once he got him down it was done.

Definitely an early stoppage in the Sadollah/Hendricks fight.

Silva better be fighting in the LHW division for good because he has no competition at MW.

Wow. Silva looked like the Silva of old and just toyed with Griffin before knocking him out with ease. You gotta give Griffin credit for having the balls to try and give an exciting fight by standing up and striking with Silva but it wasn't too smart of a decision.

Why didn't Penn take the Florian fight to the ground sooner than he did? Once he got him down it was done.

Definitely an early stoppage in the Sadollah/Hendricks fight.

Silva better be fighting in the LHW division for good because he has no competition at MW.

I guess Griffin might have been injured, and that's why he left early. I heard he had a dislocated jaw (YEEEOUCH), but that seems to be just a rumor.

Another rumor I had heard was that Silva might vacate the MW title and stay at LHW. Silva vs. MAchida? Yes please.

That would fun. I'd also like to see GSP vs Silva but I don't think GSP has the balls to take that fight.

I think I'm the only person in the world that sees this but Griffin's punches land with what seems like very minimal impact. Am I crazy or does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I think I'm the only person in the world that sees this but Griffin's punches land with what seems like very minimal impact. Am I crazy or does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I'll have to watch it again. I'm honestly having trouble remembering him even landing anything of note.

I'll have to watch it again. I'm honestly having trouble remembering him even landing anything of note.

I'm talking about his punches in every single fight he's ever been in.

No. It's well known that his punching power is one of his biggest weaknesses.

No. It's well known that his punching power is one of his biggest weaknesses.

Yep, lucky for him that in his most infamous fight, Stephan Bonnar really couldn't land with a lot of force either. Still though, that fight was f'n GREAT. So fun to watch...

That would fun. I'd also like to see GSP vs Silva but I don't think GSP has the balls to take that fight.

Why should he though? GSP is an average-sized ww who walks around at 187, Silva is a natural LHW. Just because BJ Penn's ego is bigger than the sun and he decided to move up so he could get his ass handed to him I don't see why that then sets the precedent that all champions are supposed to now move up in weight unless they are "afraid."

The jump for GSP to A. Silva is so much larger than the jump for BJ Penn to GSP. I want to see this fight, but I don't see how anyone can knock GSP for not rushing into it, he's only just cleaned out his division, how about facing Bisping or someone first?

Why should he though? GSP is an average-sized ww who walks around at 187, Silva is a natural LHW. Just because BJ Penn's ego is bigger than the sun and he decided to move up so he could get his ass handed to him I don't see why that then sets the precedent that all champions are supposed to now move up in weight unless they are "afraid."

The jump for GSP to A. Silva is so much larger than the jump for BJ Penn to GSP. I want to see this fight, but I don't see how anyone can knock GSP for not rushing into it, he's only just cleaned out his division, how about facing Bisping or someone first?

I'm not saying GSP has to rush into it but he will not face a challenge within his division. It's not happening. He can stay there and continue to mop up but if he want's a true challenge he will have to move up in weight.

Bisping? :rofl: No thanks. That dude is so overrated it's not even funny. GSP would dominate him.

I guess I'm just tired of GSP running over everyone. I'm greedy. I want to see a superfight.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back