Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which remaining UFA Veteran QB do you want backing up Brady?

• Kyle Boller

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Todd Bauman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooks Bollinger

• Patrick Ramsey

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Jeff Garcia

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Byron Leftwich

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • J.P. Losman

• Joey Harrington

• Charlie Batch

• J.T. O'Sullivan

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think its a definate no brainer that BB will not risk losing Brady again to a virtual rookie QB at this stage,I think O'Connell will definately be the 3rd stringer QB on this team for another year of seasoning leading to the team VERY likely to sign a backup QB with experience should the unthinkable worst case happen again and Brady out again for a lengthly time next season.

If you had to choose the QBs remaining in FA with at least 4 years experience to sign on the team (because I think one of them WILL be 2nd stringer here) who would it be to give the team its best chance to win?

IMO Gutierrez was an experiment which won't keep him on the team this season,I say he is not a Patriot in 2009 leaving 2 QBs right now.

BTW: My vote was for Leftwich - Strong Arm and showed good poise and a great backup for big Ben last season and helped the world champs in a game or two down the stretch when Ben was injured.

Last edited:
I'd say as far as value, risk/reward, fitting in with the Pats, etc.; my choice is Huard.

Here's a list of the current NFL free agent QBs:

Charlie Batch
Kyle Boller
Brooks Bollinger
Todd Bouman
Ken Dorsey
Gus Frerotte
Charlie Frye
Jeff Garcia
Trent Green
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Damon Huard
Brad Johnson
Byron Leftwich
JP Losman
Jamie Martin
JT O'Sullivan
Patrick Ramsey
Chris Simms
Marques Tuiasosopo
Anthony Wright

I'd say as far as value, risk/reward, fitting in with the Pats, etc.; my choice is Huard.

Here's a list of the current NFL free agent QBs:

Charlie Batch
Kyle Boller
Brooks Bollinger
Todd Bouman
Ken Dorsey
Gus Frerotte
Charlie Frye
Jeff Garcia
Trent Green
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Damon Huard
Brad Johnson
Byron Leftwich
JP Losman
Jamie Martin
JT O'Sullivan
Patrick Ramsey
Chris Simms
Marques Tuiasosopo
Anthony Wright

Huard would have been MY choice too,but hes gone to the Niners today

Simms was signed by Patriots West (the Broncos today)

I did like was Frerotte did last year as a replacement in Minny but hes way too old and probably retires shortly

Last edited:
Why isn't Garo Yepremian on the list?

Huard and Simms are gone ... so, I guess Patrick, I'll take a Batch of Green Boller with my Frye.

Ramsey is the next best choice, Wright?

Last edited:
IMO Gutierrez was an experiment which won't keep him on the team this season,I say he is not a Patriot in 2009 leaving 2 QBs right now.

Is he an Android or a clone?

I didn't see the none of the above box............I think we're fine with O'connell and Gutz fighting it out for 2&3.

They know the system and I think KO has a lot of talent, most likely he advances to the #2 role and will be very capable of filling in fora few games if need be.

I voted for leftwich. I think that he helped his cause plenty during his stint with P-burgh...

I voted for leftwich. I think that he helped his cause plenty during his stint with P-burgh...

That one relief game was dope.

Who the crap voted for Losman? You've won a free kick in the junk.

Sounds like 64 already has Gutz earmarked for WalMart this preseason...and O'Connel for a demotion to clip board holder...

Given his track record that's as close as it comes on this board to a slam dunk no brainer that O'Connel will be the #2 and Gutz will be the #3... :D

I think its a definate no brainer that BB will not risk losing Brady again to a virtual rookie QB at this stage,I think O'Connell will definately be the 3rd stringer QB on this team

Sounds like 64 already has Gutz earmarked for WalMart this preseason...and O'Connel for a demotion to clip board holder...

Given his track record that's as close as it comes on this board to a slam dunk no brainer that O'Connel will be the #2 and Gutz will be the #3... :D
:rofl:

You'd think that if BB was okay with O'Connel and Gutierez backing up Cassel, they might be okay to back up Brady, that if BB was okay with O'Connel as a rookie #2, he might be okay with O'Connel with a year under his belt.

I don't know why he thinks it is a no-brainer that BB won't accept second year O'Connel as #2.....Well, actually I do understand the no-brainer part, sad to say.....

All August I wanna be screaming....SULLY!

Well, I wanted Huard because I think he's a damn fine back-up. But since he signed with the 9ers, I'd rather have Garcia or Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes