PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UEFA Champions League 2009-2010

Group Stage Matchday #1 (9/15)

Group A

Juventus 1 - Bordeaux 1. A good road result for les Girondins; I thought Juventus would win this tie.

Maccabi 0 - Bayern 3. No surprise here.

Group B

Besiktas 0 - Man U 1. Surprised Man U didn't win by more.

Wolfsburg 3 - CSKA 1. Wolfsburg is going to push Man U for this group, but both will easily qualify.

Group C

OM 1 - Milan 2. Pretty tough loss for OM. I really thought we could take this. We really dominated the second half, and Milan only had 3 real chances IMO, but of course, they took 2 of them. OM had more possessions and shots, but weren't realistic enough in front of the goal.

Zurich 2 - Real Madrid 5. No question that Real is going to score lots and lots of goals this season.

Group D

Atletico Madrid 0 - APOEL Nicosia 0. Can't believe Atletico didn't win this. I'm really shocked. This will hurt their chances of qualification.

Chelsea 1 - Porto 0. No surprise here. Porto can be happy that Atletico lost two points at home.

Real Madrid 3-0 O.Marseille

I thought O.Marseille were very unlucky against Real Madrid. They matched R.M in all positions, and were unlucky not to score the 1st goal.
Some good news for O.M with the loss of Milan at home to Zurich.

Wow, Inter with the upset in the knockout stage, against Chelsea. Drogba with another red card in a ket Champions League game. Inter proved to be the deserving squad in the second match, as they didn't give up much to Chelsea.

Oh yeah, and bye-bye Real Madrid. All those millions spent, but not much to show for it.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back