PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA's that have signed

Antonio Appleby, LB , VA Tech to the Patriots

Love the Appleby signing. ILB right now is Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, McKenzie, Alexander and Ruud. I think he could beat out Ruud and the oft-injured Alexander for a 53-man spot. He at least makes it to the practice squad or the phantom injuy IR.

The Broncos have landed several choice UDFAs in Chris Baker, Pescledeaux and Dominique Johnson.

We usually carry 5 OLB's and 4 ILB's.

Thomas, Woods, Crable, Banta-Cain, Redd
Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, McKenzie

I think the roster is set barring injury or the signing or trading for an OLB. It is Bruschi or McKenzie or Guyton that Appleby would need to beat out (in addition to Ruud and Alexander) or push to IR.

I think that Ruud and Appleby will both be trying to show that they are worth a Practice Squad position or a roster spot somewhere else. Given that we will almost surely have a 2010 roster spot available, this is a good place for Appleby to be. He can compete with Ruud to be part of the future at ILB.

Love the Appleby signing. ILB right now is Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, McKenzie, Alexander and Ruud. I think he could beat out Ruud and the oft-injured Alexander for a 53-man spot. He at least makes it to the practice squad or the phantom injuy IR.

The Jags have signed nearly every undrafted senior to UDFA contracts and are reportedly now moving on to players from the semi pro circuit.

i love the appleby signing, maybe the next undrafted linebacker to make the roster? I agree he probably will fight with ruud for a spot on the practice squad.

this should help:

h*ttp://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/undrafted-free-agents/]Undrafted]NFL FanHouse[/url] Free Agents --NFL FanHouse

dont forget to remove the *....only 15 posts.....

Last edited:
Sweet! I wanted him in the 5th round. Could be this year's sleeper like Guyton last year.

I think so. I had him in the 11 pick competition as well.

this should help:

h*ttp://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/undrafted-free-agents/]Undrafted]NFL FanHouse[/url] Free Agents --NFL FanHouse

dont forget to remove the *....only 15 posts.....
For some reason teh URL is not working....Hmmmm...Maybe it can be fixed...it keeps going back to the NFL page...

DRAFT DADDY used to always have great UDFA pages with signees...but when I checked this AM...had UFDAs that signed with teams during the season KFFL has the running signings...as they occur

"We usually carry 5 OLB's and 4 ILB's."

-Were you including Izzo isn't in the 4 ILB's count. I'm not positive, but didn't we have Bruschi, Mayo, Guyton, Alexander, and Izzo last year? With Izzo go, that leaves one spot after Bruschi, Mayo, Guyton, and McKenzie.
I think our LB Depth Chart will look like this:

ILB: Bruschi, Mayo, Guyton, McKenzie, Appleby
OLB: Woods, AD, Crable, Redd, TBC/FA?

According to this article, the Patriots brought in a guy they worked out: Kent State wrestler Jermail Porter.

Great Blue North Draft Report already has it's list up on the better

unsigned UDFAs. Last year the Pats gleaned a few of these players.
tHAT'S A GOOD LIST...HOPE U WILL UPDATE...GOOD WORK!!

According to this article, the Patriots brought in a guy they worked out: Kent State wrestler Jermail Porter.

I just noticed that and they pick this guy up...replacement for Neal....maybe BB has been taking in more WWE lately:D

I see they pick up two Navy kids a FB Eric Kettani and Tyree Barnes a WR. Now time to check up on these guys.

Eric Kettani -- rushed for 982 yards and four touchdowns as a senior. Should be an effective short-yardage back at the next level.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back