PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know anything about Woodyard or Silva?

Silva went to the Colts

It was on the news tonight because he's a local prospect

He will probably fit right into their defense
He can drop into coverage while Bob Sanders acts like an LB

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens - CB - Isaiah Wiggins - Illinois State
He is not a CB...more an OL...6-4 265...or maybe one older Patriot fan has his dream with a TALLL Cb...LOL

http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/04/27/udfa-tracker/

Don't know how often this is updated; sorry if it's been posted already, but I didn't see it.
The one thing that glared out at me as the the site had TE Kuhn going to Baltimore instead of NE...these discrepencies do happen a lot...and the chaos that hit all the UDFAs is something that I think needs to be understood...Florio is very correct in saying that the NFL does need to do something about this..what make sthis all really hard in any waiting period is that there are usually some minicamps 4 days after...(Fri, but traveling would be Thurs to any location..) and that has to be taken into consideration...maybe signings allowed on Tues...or late Monday...but I agree the NFL has to make some rule..)

Last edited:
Don't have too many pipe dreams about who the Patriots sign

as UDFAs. This is an area in which they do not excel.

Kind of an odd statement, since they have a long string of UDFAs making the roster: Gutierrez, Woods, Wright, Gay, etc.

Uh... really? Last year's team made the Super Bowl with, I think, ten of them on the roster: Randall Gay, Mike Wright, Pierre Woods, Lonie Paxton, Stephen Neal, Billy Yates, Kyle Eckel, Steven Spach, Antwain Spann and Matt Gutierrez. That doesn't count Wes Welker. Or are you being facetious? Because not many teams get major contributors like Gay, Neal, Paxton and Wright outside the draft.

Last edited:
Uh... really? Last year's team made the Super Bowl with, I think, ten of them on the roster: Randall Gay, Mike Wright, Pierre Woods, Lonie Paxton, Stephen Neal, Billy Yates, Kyle Eckel, Steven Spach, Antwain Spann and Matt Gutierrez. That doesn't count Wes Welker. Or are you being facetious? Because not many teams get major contributors like Gay, Neal, Paxton and Wright outside the draft.

Ventrone actually played in the Super Bowl. Wesley Britt too.

Actually, I believe someone pointed out once--and maybe I'm mistaken about this--that they actually entice UDFAs to come here by pointing out that at least one new UDFA has made the roster every year that BB's been here (FWIW, Spann, Spach, and Welker were UDFAs, but not originally for the Pats).

BTW, my count on Pat-grown UDFAs from last season is 10 (Gay, Wright, Woods, Paxton, Neal, Yates, Eckel, Gutierrez, Ventrone, and Eric Alexander; Britt was a 5th rounder in 2005).

Last edited:
Patriots - RB Kenny Cattouse

(It was listed on the UDFA tracker site linked in this thread)

Fresno State- Center- Ryan Wendell :D:D:D signs with New England

Last edited:
Pats sign OT Josh Coffman-E. Carolina (Scout.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back