PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA news thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UDFA news thread

Too bad they couldn't get Sicko but frankly- he is right! Why waste his time this summer training and playing when he knows it will take a miracle and likely serious injuries for him to crack a roster...

What would Welker do?

What would Welker do?

So every player who has a shot at a UDFA contract has to follow through with it because Welker did?

So sorry that continuing an education isn't as important as playing football to everyone.

Last edited:

So every player who has a shot at a UDFA contract has to follow through with it because Welker did?

So sorry that continuing an education isn't as important as playing football to everyone.

Not every player should, only those with the heart, brains, and balls to join as a UDFA. If the prospect of going to camp only to get cut scares him that much then he shouldn't do it.

Unfortunately what he fails to realize 2 things: 1) a shot to play in the league is a shot to play in the league, a 7th round pick can get cut just as easily as a UDFA, even an earlier pick can be out of the league in a short time, and 2) he can go to grad school any time, one cannot always join the NFL.

I sincerely he made his decision out of disappointment and frustration, and that he'll reconsider, I think he has what it takes to succeed.

Last edited:

Unfortunately what he fails to realize 2 things: 1) a shot to play in the league is a shot to play in the league, a 7th round pick can get cut just as easily as a UDFA, even an earlier pick can be out of the league in a short time, and 2) he can go to grad school any time, one cannot always join the NFL.

I don't get it either. If he just felt he was unlikely to have a football career and it wasn't worth derailing his other options for that, fine -- but then why enter the draft at all? Conversely, if he was confident and gung-ho enough to go through the draft process, why not join a team?

The main difference between a 7th round pick and a priority UDFA is that the undrafted guy gets to pick the team where he has the best shot of making the roster.

this seems to be over my head. You'll have your entire life to go to school, but only one opportunity to play in the NFL. To each their own

Has to be more to it. If he makes an NFL roster just one year he'll pay for his graduate school. He can take classes on-line for god sakes.

Even on the practice squad he's making 90k a year. Not bad for a 1st year salary out of college.

Leave Scott alone, he took the time to discuss it with family and he's old enough to make decisions that are best for him.

Brian Anderson :woohoo: My UDFA binky! Now I'm feeling good about the WR draft.

Too bad they didn't expand the posters this year in anticipation of the 17 or 18 game format.

Next year's draft is not suppose to be so deep. If you go to camp and make a squad or bump around; your name is out there for next year.

Pat Paschall North Dakota State RB. I know he is a long shot at best but his highlight video on patsfans is pretty sick. Possibly a 3rd down back in waiting...

I don't get it either. If he just felt he was unlikely to have a football career and it wasn't worth derailing his other options for that, fine -- but then why enter the draft at all? Conversely, if he was confident and gung-ho enough to go through the draft process, why not join a team?

The main difference between a 7th round pick and a priority UDFA is that the undrafted guy gets to pick the team where he has the best shot of making the roster.

That and about $50,000. . . . :)

Yes, I know about NFL emphasis on the 40, and it's stupid. The ability to quickly change directions, have a feel for when holes will open, ability to shed tackles are all FAR more important to a RB than a 40 time.

I don't know much about the kid but I'd be all for giving him a shot, I'd love to see a UDFA outplay Maroney.

:agree: Absolutely. Shuttle times are far better indicators of potential, which is why Paschall has a nice shot: Pat Paschall, North Dakota State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Leave Scott alone, he took the time to discuss it with family and he's old enough to make decisions that are best for him.

Brian Anderson :woohoo: My UDFA binky! Now I'm feeling good about the WR draft.

If he is your binky and you are that excited, I have high hopes for him...:cool:

Last edited:

Bryan Anderson :woohoo: My UDFA binky! Now I'm feeling good about the WR draft.

Then don't he deserve his own thread?? ;)

Then don't he deserve his own thread?? ;)
Nah, it's hard enough chasing all the screwy threads that pop up around here as it is. Besides, he's MY binky, I want to keep him under the radar until he lights it up in camp. :snob:

What in blazes is going on with Danario Alexander?

Has he been secretly diagnosed with incurable Mongolian Leg-Decaying Disease?

I would think that a receiver with his size, speed, and production (at a big program) would be worth taking as a rookie free agent.

I don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back