Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. troops on active duty call for Iraq withdrawal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Now to use the skewed logic of many of the conservatives on this site, these troops are actually troop killers by aiding the terrorists.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061025/ts_nm/iraq_usa_campaign_dc_1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 200 active duty U.S. armed service members, fed up with the war in Iraq, have joined an unusual protest calling for withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country, organizers said on Wednesday.

The campaign, called the Appeal for Redress from the War in Iraq, is the first of its kind in the Iraq war and takes advantage of Defense Department rules allowing active duty troops to express personal opinions to members of Congress without fear of retaliation, organizers said.

"As a patriotic American proud to serve the nation in uniform, I respectfully urge my political leaders in Congress to support the prompt withdrawal of all American military forces and bases from Iraq," states the appeal posted on the campaign's Web site at www.appealforredress.org.

"Staying in Iraq will not work and is not worth the price. It is time for U.S. troops to come home," it adds.
  2. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No patters.......we believe you and Nem are troop-killers for supporting the terrorists
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Oh boy 200 out of 200,000 + that have served in Iraq (figuring in troop rotation) have signed this petition. Sounds lie overwhelming support for the mission from the other 199,800+ who didn't sign the petition.

BFD
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Frankly NEM you have no idea what the majority of enlisted men think. I doubt you know any enlisted men.

All you do know about is your blind hatred.
  5. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG] Stop beating around

the bush(pun),Nem,do you like me or not?
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

You are clueless about the military. Stop, you are making fool out of yourself even more.(if that is possible)
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Of course, the biased MSM prints the expressions of those 200, and ignores the views of the other 100,000+.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Maybe my kids will sign a petition tonight that they don't have to do homework anymore. Guess what ? They're doing their homework. It's not up to them. Neither is it up to the troops, they signed up, by choice, to do what they're told. While they're free to express their opinions, those opinions don't actually matter.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Because they have no say in what they do. It's the military, they do what they're told.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Do you actually read what you reply to ?

As for the rest of your slop, it's only the opinion of some liberal freaks that the war is unlawful.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

NEM, PUH-LEEZE avoid personal attacks (e.g., "screw you, moron," "you POS") in your responses. It's against the rules, and if you persist, I will start deleting posts in which you put a personal attack. We can look the other way with the occasional personal attack, but when every other post contains one, it absolutely must stop!
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nem, why don't you just admit what everyone already knows..? You hate America, you hate American troops, you cheer and celebrate every time an American troop is killed, and you do everything you can to see to it that as many are killed as possible.

You are a traitor and everyone knows it. You're just not fooling anyone... even liberals in this forum distance themselves from you as much as they can.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let me see if I understand this... some anonymous website claims they have 200 anonymous service members signing some anonymous petition opposing the war in Iraq....

Geez, only a liberal would be stupid enough to consider that proof of the military members being opposed to the war.... :rolleyes:
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

This is thread is closed. If you feel it should be reopened, contact FTW.

Post 2: Italia: "No patters.......we believe you and Nem are troop-killers for supporting the terrorists"
    Post 4: NEM: "Screw you moron...My guess is that your a yellow bellied coward, just like Bush was."
    Post 5: NEM: "You are so ignorant , you are a disgrace to this great country of ours."
    Post 8: NEM: "Listen, you little POS...Screw yoiyu you dumd freakinjackassd.... you dimb bastard"
    Post 18: QuiGon: "You hate America, you hate American troops ... You are a traitor and everyone knows it."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.