Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. to rebuke Israel at U.N.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by The Brandon Five, Feb 16, 2011.

1. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

In sharp reversal, U.S. agrees to rebuke Israel in Security Council - By Colum Lynch | Turtle Bay

Not sure this is the best time for it (with Iranian ships heading through the Suez and the delicate situation in Egypt) but I suppose there would never be a really "good" time to deliver a rebuke.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're right on both counts. Israel is a cornered wolverine right now, whether they should feel that way or not. There's so much volatility right now. The Arabs and everyone else should ice this stuff for now, and the Israelis need to stop fukcing around with the settlements. Time to play it cool on all fronts right now, IMO.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +810 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Pretty much this.

EDIT - I was thinking about writing some long post, but it would be a drawn out version of this.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Well the people who hate us know we will throw our friends under the bus.

The Tyrants Lunge - Investors.com

This current administration is more of a pushover that Carter and the rest of the world knows it.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

So what do you want us to do.. back the Shah, Mubarak and the rest of the crooked leaders of the mideast??

Or how about starting another Iran Contra Situation, a la Reagan??

Or maybe lie about WMD's and destroy a country, all the while incurring 3 trillion dollars of cost??

Think Wistah hit it pretty much on the head, Israel should cool their jets right now.. but they will not.

6. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think Wistah was saying that everyone should cool their jets, Arabs included, but they will not.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Little Israel is in big trouble, Americans with family over there better "get em out" Muslims have been waiting years for this, Obama is a gift sent to Islam by Mohammad himself.

It wasn't to long ago that anybody daring to say one negative word politically against Israel would immediatlly be branded Anti Semite their lives would be ruined by the left wing democrat media, how fast times change.

America's left wing liberal and their democrat media have found a new group to coddle slobber and slop over, Muslims.

With todays technology you will be able to make some popcorn then sit in your Lazy Boy with your feet up and watch "The Slaughter Of Israel" right in your living room, live as it happens.
    I'm not a Jew
    I'm a drunken Irishman.

:bricks:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

We're expecting people in the ME to act reasonably. Good luck!

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +609 / 7 / -7

Don't blame your shortcomings on your cultural or ethnic upbringing. I know very intelligent and thoughtful Irishmen, and some of the most wickedly witty and politically astute words ever recorded in the English language came from Irishmen.

Just not from you, Harry.

As it happens I have Israeli friends who have made the "if it comes to it..." request (nothing to do w/today's politics, actually; this was under George II). Very funny to you, I am sure.

The only thing more discouraging than the hundred years of antipathy between Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs, is watching the slobbering, self-interested opportunists fanning the flames - whether Arab nationalists/Islamists, Israeli right-wingers, or American conservatives.

Every goddam one of you stands squarely against a Jew and an Arab sitting down at a cafe and drinking a cup of coffee. That's what they have to be able, eventually, to do -- whatever the political solution.

Nik I wish I had your restraint, but I'll keep it to 4 or 5 paragraphs of any size this time at least.

PFnV

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Restraint is not always the best thing, in my experience. You and Nik seem to know when to turn it on and off though...much to the benefit of the forum in most cases.. When I need soundbites and out-of-context snippets, I'll watch TV news (not including Frontline).

True on the flame-fanners of the world. If I didn't know better, it's almost as if the problems between the Arabs and Israelis are being perpetuated by outside forces, ya think? Why does the US sell so many weapons there? First and second-place "winners" in the military aid lottery are the major players in the ME, Israel and Egypt. Runners up are also in the region. Fanning flames? Try throwing jet fuel on them! The financial whores in Manhattan and the OPEC merchants holding us over a barrel also do a very pretty dance in order to perpetuate the tensions they profit so well from.

We're so far away from the Pax Planetarius the futurists of the 50s and 60s dreamt of. Paradise lost...or never found in the first place.

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Clearly Harry the hatred of Muslims towards Jews is your fault if only you would ignore who the Muslims behave they would just sit around the casbah having a cup of Starbuck's latte. So cut it out now!

OTOH there is the issue of the Islamic religious text, you know the ones that the vast majority of Muslims in the ME (According to the Pew poll)want to be the law of their lands.

See the poeple in Cairo were just practicing cultural diversity of their 'peaceful religion'. You must be a bigot to object to this....:eek:

Here is an interview from 2007 on the Religion of Prace and slavery (which is still practiced in the Muslim world BTW, where is Al Sharpton and J Jackson when you need them, maybe visiting 'hymie town'?

Islam and the Brutal Sex Assault of Lara Logan | FrontPage Magazine

12. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

Really? Just the conservatives, eh? Cool story.

How exactly are we doing that? Does Abbas monitor this forum?

I assume that you are declaring yourself "clean" in this scenario? How nice for you.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Why do you all keep trying to ignore it, can't you see what is happening over there what is this ungodly love affair you have developed with a culture that wants to kill everybody who doesn't beleive in their god who treat women like dirt who murder their own daughters for looking at the paper boy who danced in the streets while 3000 human beings were roasted alive on the morning of 9/11 who still in the year 2011 still stone women to death and lash them with a whip now Liberal America intends to turn them loose on a little country the size of Rhode Island then do nothing while Israel is completely destroyed, America is supposed to be a friend to Israel.

The fire in the middle east is growing, watch it.

14. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

It's good to know that the administration will take a stand against an ally for the rights of others. Pity they won't do so for the sake of U.S. citizens:

The Tyrants Lunge - Investors.com

Paging Don Pacifico, Mr. Don Pacifico.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Get rid of the Dictators:
    Attention Loons and Rioters, now you know how it's done, get out in the streets, tip over cars, rape a journalist, set some fires Jesus Christ look how quick they got rid of the Egypt Dictator, American Liberals loved it, Obama backed it, remember the standing ovation students at Columbia Univ gave the little Iranian Creepy Dictator when he spoke there well he just mouthed off again he said that The American Liberals Beautiful Golden Voiced President doesn't even know how to spell his own name, holy sh!t, now what will you Loons do, whose side are you on with this one, the Iranian Creep who the liberals gave a standing ovation to is now making fun of their Paddle Ear Messiah, there is only one thing to do, have a Riot-------:singing:

Iranian Dictator Speaks
    Ahmadinejad: Obama can't spell his own name - Israel News, Ynetnews

Attention Loons:
    I'm glad you finally approve of getting the Dictators out, it shows you are slowly coming to your senses now lets get Armididdyiajan (Iran) Castro and Chavez, I am so excited I may even put a picture of Auntie Pelosi on my piano.

God Willing We Will Destroy The Dictators Of The World
    Praise Jesus

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Too many dillusional people hope there is an Armageddon in the Middle East. There are evangelical psychopaths whose life's work it is to return every Jew to Israel to prepare the way for the return of God's kid, so that everyone but Christians will be obliterated in the Great Conflggerashun.

Can I get an AMEN?

17. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

No. What are there like two people who think like that? Let's just call them "isolated extremists" and get back to discussing politics.

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  19. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +245 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

Mubarak is still alive (although reportedly ill). After this, I doubt the bastiges in Bahrain will be so lucky in the end.

Interesting that women won the right to vote in 2002. What I don't get is why they have a bicameral legislature when it is listed as an absolute monarchy. Anybody out there understand how the government actually operates?

20. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +65 / 5 / -1

#75 Jersey

you make me chuckle...you are such an idiot :)