Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. Is Said to Fail in Tracking Arms for Iraqis

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

WTF is going on?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/30/world/middleeast/30reconstruct.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The American military has not properly tracked hundreds of thousands of weapons intended for Iraqi security forces and has failed to provide spare parts, maintenance personnel or even repair manuals for most of the weapons given to the Iraqis, a federal report released Sunday has concluded.

The report was undertaken at the request of Senator John W. Warner, the Virginia Republican who is the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee and who recently expressed an assessment far darker than the Bush administration’s on the situation in Iraq.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Gee goverment waste and inefficency, in a war zone no less, I'm shocked just shocked! I've never heard of such a thing.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

I've seen this posted on several sites on both sides of the aisle, very concerning... it is not just gov't waste.. remember when the whole plane load of AK-47's was missing last year. This mess is bad enough, but when we are supplying the weapons that fuel this debacle it becomes another story.