Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. Far Behind On Workers' Rights: Report

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Funny,PFP, coz you were the one challenging mine earlier. :)

I was just a bit surprised that you were putting that much faith into a Democratic government souce.

And yeah, I do tend to doubt sources of all sorts, right and left. Most people have an agenda and they tend to print things which support that agenda which is why I offered a differing source.....just to point out that either one could be true (or false) - but most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the wish for paid vacations. It's good you offer it to your employees and what you give them seems more than generous. For me, it's a trade off. I get to work close to home, the hours are good, the health benefits were great when I still needed them, I get to call most of the shots and I get paid well which is a lot more than many people get.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Lot of "White People" in Sweden isn't there......:singing:

(i'm joshing you patters)
  3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I could see this coming from a mile away, good about time they start showing this stuff on major news.

Just goes to show you all, that lowering taxes might get you jobs but there ****ty jobs that don't pay anything and don't offer bennis.

We are behind 163 countries but this is the Great USA!!!! whats happening???

GREED
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

One of the issues you are adressing is the gender bias for women in the health care field... my exwife cannot retire until she is something like 66 with a really crappy pension, she has worked at the same hospital as an RN for 40+ years...one of my sisters is in the same sitz, she is an LPN... another sister an RN quit the direct care side and went to work for an insurance company in NY assessing claims,she has no pension..

Most of the medical profession for women is considered supplemental pay for the man, it is changing but ever so slowly...
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Lowering taxes? WTF does that have to do with the price of bananas? You think that if the gubmit taxes more, then employers will be able to give their employees 6 months paid leave? Also, where is the standard of living higher, in Somalia, or the USA? :rolleyes: