Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. Credit downgraded to AA - (Merged)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Sep 14, 2012.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#51 Jersey

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Re: U.S. Credit downgraded to AA-

A few more international disturbances and nobody will notice.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

The only people who think Obama is solely to blame for our financial situation have been conscious for just a few years or are blind partisans. Many people have been aware of the issues our nation faces for decades.

Sadly, too many people only care when "the other guys" are in charge.
  4. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#51 Jersey

A credit downgrade never happened under any other president except obama twice! Thats saying something. I Would be complaining about this if this was under bush's watch as well.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

You clearly don't get it...
  6. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#51 Jersey

Whats there to get? Obama and his wasteful spending, a budget hasnt been passed through his whole term in office. The Federal Reserve is printing money out of thin air. Pretty soon, the American dollar will be worth the same as monopoly money. Maybe if Obama was trying to find solutions to the problems and stopped the wasteful spending instead of playing golf, campaigning, and vacationing then maybe the US credit wouldnt have been downgraded TWICE under Obama.
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

You think this is an Obama issue.

See my first post.

Do you know who Pete Peterson is?
  8. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So Obama put us in this 10 trillion $$$ hole to begin with?

Oh I guess history doesn't mean anything to you, oh what a surprise!!!

I didn't know Obama was threatening to shut down the government and default on our debt! Oh that's right that was the GOP!

This isn't an Right vs Left issue, both sides are to blame, anyone with half a brain knows this....BTW who cares if we have A AA or AAA.....its not like they're just going to stop lending to a 15 trillion a year GDP country.
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Does a countries rating effect their interest rates?
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

6 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities for a crusade based on lies had absolutely nothing to do with any of this... :confused::confused::confused:

And this does not count the "legacy costs", 45% of our returning veterans are applying for permanent disability..
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

To quote Chico, "you clearly don't get it." As rating goes down, lending costs go up increasing interest payments and worsening the debt.. Ever heard the term "junk bond'?
    What's your solution beyond raising taxes? Many of us see a spending problem that won't be solved solely by raising taxes, but by reining in spending, something the WH and Senate have NOT addressed.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  12. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

#87 Jersey

And under the radar. Thanks again Dear leader.

US Credit Rating Cut by Egan-Jones ... Again - USĀ  Business News - CNBC

Remember, Romney was against the monopoly money pump.

I wonder if Obama if reelected is going to blame the last 4 years on?

Like a crack addict or an alcoholic he running out of people places and things. to blame.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Re: And under the radar. Thanks again Dear leader.

You might want to delete this thread, as in your rabid haste as it already has been posted..
  14. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have a revenue problem
    We have a spending problem

GOP solution=Get rid of things that help people and build more guns!
    Dems solution=Raise taxes and cut defense spending

I'll go with the Dem's on this one, GOP =got us into wars, spent like drunken sailors and then people like you voted them in!

I understand, that if we get a downgrade if hurts our debt, from what I understand there is more then one company involved in making that decision....So lets say 5 company's have us at AA and the other 5 have us at AA-, what then???
  15. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

Oh come on. I'm new to this Forum, but I expected a higher level of discourse.

The mess we're in was created by, among many other things, everything from NAFTA and the repeal of Glass Steagall under Clinton to misguided home financing policies under Bush and a Democratic Congress to Obama's pursuing Health Care Reform instead of focusing on jobs and the economy. Assigning blame is the easy part.

And, a question for you, given the mediocre performance of President Obama, how is it that the Republican Party has given us all a candidate, after four years of looking, who is about to lose by five to eight percentage points to a man that I would agree has been inept at best?
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Don't expect a higher level of discourse. This place is mostly blind partisans.

The problem goes back even further, btw. It goes back at least to the Reagan days -- probably before, but I was a kid then and haven't really studied the nation's economy in the 70s or 60s. (wouldn't surprise me if Korea or Vietnam started us down this path, though)
  17. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

Not noticing is by design. The MSM has a vested interest in ensuring a 2nd term for the Novice in Chief. While a black Al-Queda flag flies over one of our embassies, and the countries financial standing begins to crumble under the weight of it's untenable debt, the media is focused eslewhere, while half the population is watching cable TV.

True, but ask a bunch of people who they blame for our current mess, and the majority will say it's Bush's fault.

Make sure you tell Shmessy that. He loves to point at happenings that occur between 2 dates on a calendar. More days in first place!

Speaking of consciousness...

$6, why not $60 trillion?

Romney isn't a terribly strong candidate, which is an obvious factor, but the #1 reason why Obama even has a chance, is the media. This most recent turn of events being an excellent example.

This goes back much, much further than Reagan. It goes to the CRA from the 70's, to the end of the gold standard, all the way back to the New Deal. When it's been 60 years since the government has been in the black, the problem likely took roots a long while ago. The worst part is, it's not going to get any better. We will go broke before it gets fixed. I used to laugh at my older brothers friends when theyd say this to me 10+ years ago. They were roughly my age now, and I was in my early 20's. I thought they were "bat shyt crazy" as people in here like to say. I don't think that anymore. Add it all up. We have ZERO leadership. We have ZERO competence in government. We have a welfare state on all levels. We have massive conflicts of interests (croniism of all kinds). We have massive unfunded liabilites. The worst though, is that we have a dumb, uneducated, MTV, entitlement populace that not only has no idea where we're headed, but is also so entrenched in the welfare state and it's system, that it is completely incapable of making the changes needed to avert the coming catastrophe.

Ok, rant over. Time to go finish the shed. :D
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Because 6 trillion is generally considered the actual cost of war, between moving all that stuff over there, the bombing, invading, more killing, followed by more killing, rebuilding, the payoffs, paying all the "contractors", paying off the Iraqi's for killing the wrong people, rebuilding some more and then there is the legacy costs.. 45% of returning vets are applying for permanent disability, never mind all the vets who will be able to obtain free medical care for life..

6 Trillion sounds about right..
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

RW: only thing if take issue with there is whom people blame. A majority of Dems probably would blame Bush, but I think more people just blame Obama. But as you and I both know, this isn't a problem created in the last 3 years or the last 11.
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Yeah Obama is working to destroy this country with his policies and stupidity. We need to get rid of him in Nov, at the ballot box. This graphic describes out duty:

[​IMG]

Vote against Obama and for America.
  21. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Another person who thinks it's a 3 year problem. Unlike the thread starter, you don't have youth to blame.

If you think Romney is going to fix things you're terribly naive for your age.
  22. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2

Obama said it was a 3 year job to turn the economy around, add real jobs and lower the deficit. He has created fast food jobs and tripled the debt. More people are relying on the government to survive which is what he wants.

Youre delirious if you think Obama is going put folks back to work and lower the national debt. The country will go over that fiscal cliff with Obama at the wheel. The movie 2016 is becoming real life.
  23. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Nothing you've said here is a response to anything I've said.
  24. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

People are allowed to make comments here with out having to respond to anyone, please stop harassing other posters as per Icy's civility push.

Thanks.
  25. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Are you completely clueless?

He supposedly was responding to me. Do I need to explain to you how a message board works?

So when he tries to respond to my post yet fails to actually do so, it's perfectly appropriate for me to point that out.

Now follow your own advice and stop harassing me as per icy's civility push.

Thank you
  26. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

Correct. Reagan began a process of wealth and capital redistribution.
  27. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

you make many valid points. you're wrong though about blaming the media...as your final paragraph suggests, the fault is not in the starts but in ourselves.
  28. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It may not be a three year problem. Obama campaigned saying how he would not only stop the economic rupture, but would actually turn back the tide.

Now he has to say that he may have slowed it down... maybe... can't prove it... but it could be worse. His message is just not cutting it.
  29. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Totally agree re his track record and message, Hamar -- but that's different from the thread topic and the thread starter's take on it.

Clearly, the economy is still struggling and it hasn't improved as Obama promised. But that said, blaming him for where our nation is today is either disingenuous or just plain stupid. (not saying you're doing either )
  30. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am not blaming Obama for where we are today. I am blaming him for not accepting his part in it. If he keeps saying that there is nothing he can do because of Bush, and then because of Republicans blocking him, then I am going to believe him. He needs to go. We do not need 4 more years of listening to how he can do nothing because of other people.

Sorry, Mitt Romney is not a good choice for President. but, lets see what he does. If he improves things great! If not then he will be going full steam to disaster and we will get there sooner and then maybe start picking up the pieces.