Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. cities seek federal help to ease economic crisis

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Nov 14, 2008.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

U.S. cities seek federal help to ease economic crisis - Yahoo! News

it would be interesting to know how many cities actually seek help. Everything is going down.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +378 / 3 / -15

What it's all going to come down to is people will have no choice but to sacrifice. Whatever it may be, we've got to accept it.

It would be stupid, foolish & igorant to expect the federal gov't to just hand out money for every problem in the nation. States are going to have to deal with their own issues...that's just the way it is.

Hey, good thing we're not in a recession!;)
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 6 / -2

the size of government has to shrink. When GW took office, he bloated federal state iad to levels never seen before. Yet, despite getting record amount of cash from the fed, states fell further and further into the red. Why? Cuz gubmit is a black hole. It's like a dog who finds a ripped open bag of dog food. As long as it can get that food into it's mouth, it's going to eat it. Even when he pukes, he'll still go back and try to eat some more.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yep. Cities don't need money from the feds, they need to cut costs. Too much money is spent. People always say schools are underfunded. I just found out that our middle schools give two books for every class to every kid, one for home and one for school. And CA schools aren't the best funded nor is our city particularly affluent, it's probably above average and no more. I know I carried my books home and back when I was in middle school.