Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S. can't prove Iran link to Iraq strife

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Link:
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iran3feb03,0,2695314.story

This is good news. NOW, only if it was a bigger story.

WASHINGTON — Bush administration officials acknowledged Friday that they had yet to compile evidence strong enough to back up publicly their claims that Iran is fomenting violence against U.S. troops in Iraq.

Administration officials have long complained that Iran was supplying Shiite Muslim militants with lethal explosives and other materiel used to kill U.S. military personnel. But despite several pledges to make the evidence public, the administration has twice postponed the release — most recently, a briefing by military officials scheduled for last Tuesday in Baghdad.

"The truth is, quite frankly, we thought the briefing overstated, and we sent it back to get it narrowed and focused on the facts," national security advisor Stephen J. Hadley said Friday.
  2. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

Like something as meaningless as facts will make a difference.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

Not sure which part you're saying is good news.

If you mean that they don't want to overstate "facts" like they probably did with Iraq, then that's good.

If you mean that they can't prove it is good in and of itself - that's not good because we can't solve the problem until we can show what the problem is.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -2

All the Mil blogs I've read have been pointing a finger in Iran's direction for a couple of years now. I remember when a Stryker was evaporated by a shaped charge killing some 14 men inside in '04 or '05, and everyone said it was Iranian shaped explosives that did it. At any rate, I think we'd be naive to not think that Iran is meddling against us in Iraq. Afterall, why wouldn't they? When they raided that office in Mosul (or was it Tikrit?) and detained the Iranians, they found all kinds of weapons related materials. Why would the Iranian office have such stuff, if it was a laison office as decribed? Common sense tells us they're doing something is all I'm trying to say.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Good news that there is no hard evidence, and that the congress and the american public is fully aware of what happens when one cries wolf.

A person once said:

"Fool me once......shame on, shame on you?....fool me....we can't get fooled again"
  6. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Holy Diver, Do You really believe Iran has nothing to do with the insurgancy in Iraq?
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm still not sure which part of this you're happy about.

LOL. George isn't that smart but that saying can be screwed up easily if you just say it without thinking it our ahead first.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

Kill Their Donkeys

Nuke The Middle East Before They All Kill Each Other

:bricks:
  9. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

If they're going to kill each other anyway, why waste a nuke?
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I believe there are A LOT of reasons for the 'insurgancy' in Iraq.

US Occupation
    Sunni, Shiite, Kurdish Strife
    Al Quaeda

You see how this all gets twisted....all of this started with 9-11.....and Al Quaeda. WMDs...regime change...now its propoganda saying that Iran is helping the 'insurgants' ????????????

If they are so bad, why did we just sell them parts for thir fighter jets? Why does our military help them? Why are we as a military trying to escalate the violence there.

Iran is not the cause of the violence in the middle east. It has always been violent.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -2

Was that before or after someone said...

[​IMG]

:D
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

Now the animals in Palestine have laid off Israel for awhile, they have started to kill each other just like in Iraq

KEEP THESE F-CKING SAVAGES OUT OF AMERICA WE'VE GOT ENOUGH TROUBLE WITH THE GANG BANGERS AND AUNTIE PELOSI'S TEETH.

DOES ANYBODY EVER TAKE THE KIDS AND GO TO THE MIDDLE EAST FOR A VACATION? :eek:
  13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

We're going into Iran no matter what. Israel's nuke fears and the United States' petrodollar fears guarantee that we will invade in the next year.

We'll probably make up a fabricated link similar to how we went into Iraq after 9-11.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Thats quite possibly the greatest animation I have ever seen. It took me about 3 or 4 times to figure out that it wasn't a movie, but infact an animated clip.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Sadly....this is the viewpoint that I share as well. Thats why the lack of evidence thus far is a positive thing in my view.

NO MORE WAR!
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

That's OK, we'll just wait until Iran nukes Israel then we'll have to do it - a little too late of course.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -2

I highly doubt we'll attack Iran. I'd put the chances of an air strike at less than 5% possible, and of a ground invasion at less than .01% possible. The latter is just not happening. Even if we wanted to invade, we simply couldn't. What would we invade with?

If an airstrike even did happen, it'd be the Israeli's acting on their own, and quite honestly, although I pray they don't, how could you blame them if they did? Afterall, the Iranian president has said he wants to wipe them off teh face of the earth. What's interesting though, is that doing so with nukes, would mean exterminating Palestine too. Think he cares? See, what I would do, is play that card publically. If Iran did go nuclear, I'd mention how a nuke attack on Israel would kill Palestinians, and then see what happens. The world body would take notice, and then if Iran did nuke Israel, Iran would be exposed for the loons they are. The only problem is, playing such cards would mean that millions would die. What a messed up world. :eek:
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't think we will either. Maybe if the Iraq war had gone better - or not happened at all - but given popular dissent against that, doing Iran seems unlikely. Maybe a strategic hit from the air on a few specific nuke facilities but anything else is almost impossible IMO.
  19. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The Israeli lobby in Washington will do everything in its power to make sure the United States engages Iran in war. It makes sense, out of their own self-interest and best interests.
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey