Welcome to PatsFans.com

U.S., 7 other countries expelling Syrian diplomats after massacre

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 29, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

U.S., 7 other countries expelling Syrian diplomats after massacre - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The United States and seven other countries across the globe announced they were expelling Syrian diplomats Tuesday in a coordinated move reflecting the international outrage about a massacre in the town of Houla.

A U.N. official said it's "clear" that Syrian government forces were involved in the massacre, which left more than 100 people dead, nearly half of them children.

A "fairly small number appear to have been killed by shelling, artillery and tank fire which took place over a period of more than 12 hours," said Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. human rights office.

====================================================================

Expelling diplomats will really scare the Syrian regime into not killing more people.

(Instert sarcastic emotocon internet face here)
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Yeah, some pretty sick stuff there. I've been viewing some of the accounts. It looks like whoever was responsible went in and straight up executed entire families in their homes by putting bullets in their heads. Certainly a step up from indiscriminate shelling, which seems to have been the preferred method to date.

I must have been government sympathizers. I can't believe that the government itself would have been a party to this. Crazy stuff.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Iranian general seems to confirm troops are in Syria in interview blunder | Fox News

The Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) published an interview with General Ismail Qa'ani, deputy commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force, on Sunday night, in which he praised his troops for crushing opposition forces in Syria -- saying the Quds' presence helped prevent civilian massacres.

"Before we were not in Syria, the slaughter of the people by the opposition was much higher. But with the presence of the Islamic Republic in a physical and non-physical manner, many great massacres in Syria were stopped." Gha'ani said in the interview, according to The (London) Times.

The quote was removed by the ISNA within hours and without explanation, but not before other media outlets discovered it. Gha'ani was said to have been speaking at a student event on Sunday evening.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

How long have middle easterners been slaughtering each other, beheading each other and stoning their women to death.

It's what they do, it's like playing soccer to them.

God Willing
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Just hope they do not open another front in the crusades...
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Yeah ... kicking hem out will show them ... cutting the lines of dialogue usually works. Too bad Bill Clinton is not in office he would send a cruise missile in there.

Seriously ... Russia and China make money there so more people should prepare to die I guess.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

We are part of the animal world, we kill each other.

Cain Slew Able
    Or, Able Slew Cain

One of them Slew, I don't know who the slewer was.
    F-ck both of them, they can kiss my white ass.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Sh!t

They won't allow the Ten Commandments hung in Congress or the white house because of two Cammandments

Thou Shalt Not Steal
    Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultry
    :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

They're all f-cking Crooks and Adulterers
  8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Hama 1982.

I also remember Bashir offering guidance on our post-9/11 terror strategy. He seemed to be pretty open to similar types of things. The Assads are ghouls. Always have been, always will be.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

The craziness of this is that it is possible this attack was Al Qaeda protected by Turkey because Syria is their enemy. We are also aiding the rebels in this case. Nothing is for sure when you read this stuff but if the above is true then we are allies with Al Qaeda and Turkey vs Assad.

These people were killed at short range ... the story is plausible, perhaps true or not true but plausible. The media is very anti Syria and we have been down this road before. maybe in this case ... again hypothetical ... Russia and China will save us from ourselves.

Very messed up stuff if true.
    Has anyone read any of this anywhere?
  10. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +657 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

It's possible there might be some Al Qaeda-trained people operating in Syria, but it is unlikely that they are taking an active role in the resistance, which is more Brotherhood flavored. Despite the perceptions of many, the Brotherhood and Al Qaeda aren't exactly chummy.

If there is any group to talk about, it is very likely that we are choosing to side with the Brotherhood. It's not such a bad thing for myriad reasons.

The Syrian regime has been brutalizing their people for 50 years, in more gruesome ways than even Mubarak and his henchmen did in Egypt. Even if the story is not true, their track record does nothing to dispel the notion that Syrian security forces did, in fact, do this.

It is very unlikely that we're going to go charging into Syria. I'm not too worried about that. Israel, on the other hand...I'm sure they're monitoring things very closely.
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

good post and i am no expert. Going back a ways i was against Afghanistan because i felt it was the stage for Iraq. The media was so gung ho for all of it ... of course they were bought off. So I don't trust them anymore. This story i will follow more closely with the foreign media outlets - Al jazeera even and try to find some common information among them to sift through the chaffe.

This situation is the dirtiest of all because we know the U.N. won't do squat. These poor people are going to keep dying while the world watches and what to do about it??? A suicide mission for someone to kill Assad seems like the only solution.
  12. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +657 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Afghanistan, I understood. In the days following 9/11, people wanted to set the world on fire. Taking out the Taliban and hunting down Al Qaeda house-to-house in little ol' Afghanistan seemed a reasonable compromise. Iraq? I never got it. Then again, a lot of people, even in the DoD and IC didn't get it. A true cluster, and I remember, starting in summer 2002, the media really banging on the war drums.

It is possible that elements of the Syrian defense and interior could force Assad out to try and keep control of the situation, much like what happened in Egypt. What happens then depends on who comes into power.

I wonder if Iran is courting anyone behind closed doors.
  13. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +400 / 4 / -10

I understand Iraq perfectly....it's called punitive damages

it was poorly sold to the general public, which given the administration, was also understood

Iraq was going to happened, but the event itself was poorly reverse-engineered

I think Iraq was going to happen even if there was no 9/11