Tyrone McKenzie - LB - South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinFaulk-33

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What do you think of this pick?

SILB? I think so.

Only a two down ILB? Can beat Bruschi for the spot?

There will be a two headed monster tandem of McKenzie/Guyton in one of the middle spots next to Mayo, depending on whether it's an obvious passing or running down.

Last edited:
MLB for us. He is basically the same size as Mayo. Belichick gave him some high praises in his post draft interview saying he went to 3 different programs cus of family issues yet in each system he did very well. Meaning he picks up the defensive scheme pretty quickly, a PLUS in belichicks book. Not to mention he seems like a good person with no character concerns from all Ive read about him. WIN WIN

I like this kid for a lot of reasons, caring for his sick mom, moving from school to school for that reason.. interesting to see how he does with consistent coaching and being in a consistent program on this level.

Some fans quotes on Mckenzie I found yesterday

"McKenzie has a lot of range...highly athletic player. Some games I watched him, I thought he was a 1st round pick. He can play WILL, SAM, or even MIKE. He kinda reminds me of Daryl Smith"

"Yeah, but that's part of what makes him a better prospect than McRath, his versatility along the linebacker spots. He would be a good strongside guy, but he can really fit anywhere, which makes him attractive to more teams."

"But I do like McKenzie because of his ability to play all the LB positions. I think he needs to work on playing more consistently, but he definitely has potential to be a very good LB"

"But McKenzie is a very durable guy who's played multiple linebacker positions. He does a great job flowing to the ball and has pretty good range. He does have a tendency to bite hard on play action though"

BB had some high praise for him:

“I would just say of all the players that I’ve talked to and we’ve interviewed this year and even through the years, that Tyrone is amongst the most impressive,” said Belichick, who took him with the 97th overall pick. “Maturity, intelligence, what he’s done with the opportunities that he’s had or that he’s had to overcome, how he’s approached them, how he’s dealt with them, how he’s made the most of them.

“It hasn’t been easy. Yet, he’s continued to excel, jump over hurdles and overcome obstacles that I think would have derailed a lot of other people and/or football players. I think he’s a very impressive, mature, humble young man.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back