Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tyrone McKenzie - LB - South Florida

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KevinFaulk-33, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinFaulk-33

KevinFaulk-33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What do you think of this pick?

SILB? I think so.

Only a two down ILB? Can beat Bruschi for the spot?
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

There will be a two headed monster tandem of McKenzie/Guyton in one of the middle spots next to Mayo, depending on whether it's an obvious passing or running down.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. Ricey

Ricey Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

MLB for us. He is basically the same size as Mayo. Belichick gave him some high praises in his post draft interview saying he went to 3 different programs cus of family issues yet in each system he did very well. Meaning he picks up the defensive scheme pretty quickly, a PLUS in belichicks book. Not to mention he seems like a good person with no character concerns from all Ive read about him. WIN WIN
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

I like this kid for a lot of reasons, caring for his sick mom, moving from school to school for that reason.. interesting to see how he does with consistent coaching and being in a consistent program on this level.
  5. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Some fans quotes on Mckenzie I found yesterday

"McKenzie has a lot of range...highly athletic player. Some games I watched him, I thought he was a 1st round pick. He can play WILL, SAM, or even MIKE. He kinda reminds me of Daryl Smith"

"Yeah, but that's part of what makes him a better prospect than McRath, his versatility along the linebacker spots. He would be a good strongside guy, but he can really fit anywhere, which makes him attractive to more teams."

"But I do like McKenzie because of his ability to play all the LB positions. I think he needs to work on playing more consistently, but he definitely has potential to be a very good LB"

"But McKenzie is a very durable guy who's played multiple linebacker positions. He does a great job flowing to the ball and has pretty good range. He does have a tendency to bite hard on play action though"
  6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 0 / -1

BB had some high praise for him:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.