PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyree Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you look at the video on that thread too.....

Yes, yes, yes, I did, no facemask on Seymour. Holding? Maybe. At that point of the game? I didn't have a HUGE problem with them not calling it.

MAKE

A

PLAY

Pats had several chances to do so, and didn't. Do you really want to continue to look for ways the refs screwed the Pats? It's silly.

Pretty pathetic arguments here you fools. I guarantee I can find at least 5 times where there were facemasks on the Pats. Hmmmmm. Maybe you should watch the opening kickoff KILLER facemask on Hixon.

facemask.jpg

His hand is not ON the facemask, it's under, if you can show me a pic where his hand is on the facemask, I'll change my mind, but that is not a facemask.

Wait. Is this photo from the NFL archives, or is it a special BB spycam picture? ;)

My question has always been, the ball was moving the entire time Tyree was in the air and the ball hit the ground behind his head as he fell. So how is it a complete pass? He has possession only after the ball hit the ground. Watch it again. The fact that it wasn't at least looked at for that is pathetic.

My question has always been, the ball was moving the entire time Tyree was in the air and the ball hit the ground behind his head as he fell. So how is it a complete pass? He has possession only after the ball hit the ground. Watch it again. The fact that it wasn't at least looked at for that is pathetic.

great thanks now I have to go back and look to see if there is anything to what you say.

I thought I was done looking at this game.

The ball never touched the ground.

AndyJohnson says that Tyree catches this ball 100% of the time.

pretty easy in his opinion

Wow, now we're stretching. We're upset they didn't review a play that we agree was called correctly?

I'm sure, by the way, that the booth took multiple looks at it. There was a time out on the field after the catch, so they would have had many chances. They didn't buzz Carey, I'm sure, because they didn't see any reason to.

While the replay booth needs to get it right, you don't want to stop the game for two minutes, particularly in a crucial situation in a big game, to make the ref come under the hood while the players stand around just to review a play that is going to be upheld.

For conspiracy theorists... Mike Carey is from San Diego and could've been mad about the pats beating the chargers and this game could have been his revenge. Then again I'm a Chargers fan and saw him take away some big plays for the chargers.

After seeing this replayed a million times in the last 3 days I was just wondering why this play wasn't reviewed. I'm not saying it was definitely incomplete but with such a big play I think it should of been looked at. It would of been a booth review because it was under 2 min.

Anyone else agree?

the guy was lying on the ground holding the ball straight up with 2 hands..of course it was a catch, no reason to review

Watch it on super slo-mo. The ball drags against the ground when it is behind his head when he first comes down. Curious enough, the video that CLEARLY shows it has been taken off of You Tube, but there is an angle, that you can see it. Might have been too close to overturn, but how do you not review that catch?

I'm not saying it's not a catch because I think it was a catch, but just the time in the game and situation I think calls for a review. It probably wouldnt of been over turned but I think it should of been looked at. No I'm not blaming the refs at all, I thought it was a well officiated game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes