Welcome to PatsFans.com

typical white person poll

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Mar 21, 2008.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I have locked my car doors more often when a unknown African American approaches my car than when an unknown European American approches my car.

1. true
    2. false

I admit that it's true. :eek:
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

I live in Chelsea, I ALWAYS lock my doors. :D
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

It depends if i'm going to be gone long i always lock the doors.
    Does the person black,white, green,or brown look shaky?
    In general to answer you're question, just because they were black......NO.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

False for me. But, in all honestly SB42, you deserve credit for your answer, since I think there are many people like you, and all of us can probably think of the type of situation you're talking about. (Waiting at the Mattapan T stop is certainly a different experience than waiting at the Charles Street one.)
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The weird thing is it's in only in certain situations.....locations/day/night etc. where I remember doing it. Kinda profiling based on fear and prejudice. Mostly though, I don't think about race untill it's thrown in my face. The Bears-Colts SB for example when the skin color of the respective head coaches never entered my mind until a big deal was made of it. I see both sides though.....progress, that African Americans for the first time in NFL history were head caoches for the two superbowl teams but at the same time though, the continual mention and celebration of that made me notice color where I hadn't been noticing it. Sometimes I think, no, I know that the never ending attention to race with the black this and black that organizations intended to do what, make blacks proud? do more to divide us and prolong racism on both sides than it does to heal and bring us together. It reminds us non stop that we are different.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

False. If someone's going to break into my truck I'd rather they not break a window or something to do it.

OTOH--I never travel without a pack of dogs. So it may well be moot for me.
  7. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No need to lock We still carry six shooters out here!!
  8. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So, now that we have additional evidence that PatsB42 is a racist, can he be characterised as a racist? Or does he have to admit to attending a Klan meeting? :rolleyes:
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry, that's funny.

You guys encourage the stupid sh!t, you deserve it.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Great post.
    I find myself thinking about the same thing.

I've never been called a racist, BTW...by anyone. In fact, when I was dating a girl in H.S. who was half black ( and the hottest girl in school) I was called a "nigger-lover" about the same amount of times I kicked someone's arse. Thanks to her for teaching me how to really fight. I still see her brother once in a while. We're good friends but she married a doctor for money......bich!
  11. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's funny that PatsB42 is a racist?

Thanks again for more evidence.

By the way, do you really think that it hurts me that PatsB42 is a racist?

:rofl: :rofl:

righties are really delusional.
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God honest truth..? I've never locked the car doors, but I did once put the top up on my convertible :D Cut me some slack, people... I was in the Bronx late at night and I was lost... and it wasn't like some dude was walking towards me and I panicked.... I was just like "Hmmm.... maybe putting the top up would be a good idea..."

But, in my own defense, I once got in the same situation late at night in Atlanta and stumbled onto Morehouse College and was in a big traffic jam. There was a lot of loud music and tons of foot traffic all around me, but I kept my cool :D
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Cool. When I was in high school I never gave a second thought about getting into a car with a group of blacks to go for a reefer. I was a little dumbfounded as to why some of my white friends didn't jump on this opportunity. Later, I figured out that our lips (white/black) would be enjoying the same dube.
    I've always held my dad in the highest regard, and this next story exemplifies that.
    The day of/after MLK was assassinated, my dad went up to the club to play some golf. Inside, jokes were plentiful concerning the end of his life. My dad went against the popular theme and put everyone in their place (note: unlike me, my dad has an unbelievable command of English). Huge difference to disaprove and keep quiet, versus voicing your opinion which differs significantly from your friends.