PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren's contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I realize his numbers were down a bit this year - though that's often misleading with DL - but I just wanted to point out what a great deal we got with him.

6 years, $21M.

Meanwhile Tommy Kelly gets 7 years, $50M. And the Browns trade a #2 pick to sign Cory Williams to 6 years, $38M.

:rocker:

I realize his numbers were down a bit this year - though that's often misleading with DL - but I just wanted to point out what a great deal we got with him.

6 years, $21M.

Meanwhile Tommy Kelly gets 7 years, $50M. And the Browns trade a #2 pick to sign Cory Williams to 6 years, $38M.

:rocker:

Wish we would have did that with Assante 2 yrs ago...

Warren took that contract after his big year last year. Samuel had done little two years ago and was looking for a mega deal after his first big year. The opportunity to do it isn't always there. Had we signed Samuel cheap two years ago you know he'd be holding out now. Some guys are all about the money and Samuel is one of them.

Let's not forget however that Harris' new contract with Oakland is quickly becoming one of the biggest jokes in all of free agency.

Let's not forget however that Harris' new contract with Oakland is quickly becoming one of the biggest jokes in all of free agency.
That's Kelly.

You're right but Cory Williams got $17M more from the Browns over the same 6 years. Only a year later.

Ty Warren holdout?

Didn't the Pats offer Assante a multi-year deal a few years ago, but he opted out which led to the franchise tag last year. I'm not sure what the figures were from their offer then, but it was for something like 3-4 years and 12-16 million. At the time, I thought it was a fair offer, but obviously, Assante's gamble paid off as he will definitely be celebrating a huge contract from someone by the end of the weekend.

Didn't the Pats offer Assante a multi-year deal a few years ago, but he opted out which led to the franchise tag last year. I'm not sure what the figures were from their offer then, but it was for something like 3-4 years and 12-16 million. At the time, I thought it was a fair offer, but obviously, Assante's gamble paid off as he will definitely be celebrating a huge contract from someone by the end of the weekend.

During the 2006 season they offered Samuel a contract that would have paid him $6.3M per. I thought it was a pretty good offer at the time. It was later rumored by "sources" that they offered him slightly more, but he still declined the deal (said they were "far apart"), so they slapped him with the tag.

During the 2006 season they offered Samuel a contract that would have paid him $6.3M per. I thought it was a pretty good offer at the time. It was later rumored by "sources" that they offered him slightly more, but he still declined the deal (said they were "far apart"), so they slapped him with the tag.

Actually as I recalled it they never upped their offer and while it was characterized I believe by Jonathan in one of his radio appearances as "averaging" $6M, it had far less bonus than a real $6M deal - it was similar in that respect to the Branch offer. And I also recall talk that there had been an earlier offer well below that, in the $3-4 AAV range heading into the 2006 season that he had no interest in. Ballhawks are gamblers by nature and Asante was apparently committed to gambling on seeing his big deal all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down