PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren signs with Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver is better than a couple of the other places like Pitt or NYJ where he could have landed and been a constant thorn in the Pat's side.

I thought the Skins would be the most likely and never really considered Denver a serious landing spot. Oh well good luck Ty.

Good luck to Ty, glad he got some $.

He got $ here, too. He also knew that he had a bad hip during most of his last contract,
yet decided to hold off surgery until the beginning of TC last year, while he was completing
his degree instead of rehabbing or undergoing surgery earlier.

I wouldn't doubt if Bill was a bit surprised, and more than a little pissed-off, about Ty's
scheduling issues back then. Add those issues to whatever lack of conditioning/proper attitude issues he brought to this year's TC, then what we see is maybe just the natural result of everything gone beforehand.

Nope. Had they traded him it would have.

Wrong. Cap hit is the same whether cut or traded. His dead cap in 2011 is his 2011 amortization plus half of his workout money. So his cap hit was reduced from $5.8M to $2.6M.

And per the Denver Post his deal is 2 years $8M with $2.5M in signing bonus and $1.5M in salary this season. His remaining salary in 2012 ($4M) is not guaranteed. There are some hard to reach escalators in the deal if he makes them.

Ty Warren deal: 2 years, $8 million | First-and-Orange

Last edited:
Good luck Ty!

Sadly, the Ty Warren of 2011 will not be missed on the Patriots. Lack of football effort.

why did they cut him if his contract had trade value then? what was his salary here for the next year or two? I would think it wouldn't be that much plus no signing bonus = trade value.

Over/Under for Number of games Ty plays for Denver this year 10.

I say under - that's why he's no longer here. Bad hip - way under weight - spent last year hitting books not the weights.

He will start less than 10 games for Denver this year - guaranteed.

Don't the Bronco's play a 4-3 now? I wonder what his motivation was to play there (besides the money)

I'm a bit surprised that anyone misses this guy. He played next to two great DL's, but he was never great except perhaps in 2006.

He was being paid like a talented group leader, but wasn't that. Then he got hurt, then he showed up out of shape.

To me he belonged more to that group with Watson, Maroney, Baker and Adalius. They either couldn't or wouldn't put in the max effort to be great.

He'll do nothing notable in Denver, take it to the bank.

$10M for a banged up 34 year old DE who is coming off a severe injury and a whole year away from the game???.

Warren got overpaid big time...Denver will get fleeced.

Warren passing physical or not is probably not worth more than $3M per year now.

$10M for a banged up 34 year old DE who is coming off a severe injury and a whole year away from the game???.

Warren got overpaid big time...Denver will get fleeced.

Warren passing physical or not is probably not worth more than $3M per year now.

He's 30 years old.

Last edited:
I agree, it wasn't about scheme so much as something else. Reiss mentioned how BB talked about Warren's injury history last season, which is unusual for him.

Quick-hit thoughts entering Day 3 - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I don't think it was money since I didn't see them even ask him to re-negotiate the deal. And his salary wasn't out of line for someone that projects to be a quality starting DL, especially with 3 other DL on PUP. I'm still quite confused about the cut, but wish Ty all the best in Denver.

Well the most obvious answer is that Ty got paid and then decided he didn't want to work anymore. I might be wrong but that's my guess in all this. His salary wasn't that high so the Pats would've kept him if they thought they could get anything out of him.

Glad he found a new job so fast. Good luck Ty, except against the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back