PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren looking for new agent for future contract negotiations in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://mvn.com/nfl-patriots/2007/06/24/patriots-ty-warren-seeks-new-agent/

I say the team may want to do its best to shore up Warren in a multi year deal before he finds a goof like Condon or Branch's or Samuels agents to make it a hard bargaining year in 2009.

The time is now to get this guy as a longtime Patriot,He is only going to get better IMO and I am expecting an All-Pro appearance this year from him and many more.

Would be no surprise to see Seymour as considered as SECOND best defensive lineman this year,Maybe third if Wilfork continues his climb up to greatness as well.

Last edited:
Ty Warren has a brain of his own. If he is going to play hardball he is going to do it regardless of who his agent is. The agent works for the player after all.

Purely from a $$$ pt of view it is going to be hard to sign 3 big contracts and also green gets good money too. I see warren leaving as NT are very hard to find.

Warren is signed thru 2008 and Wilfork thru 2009. I don't expect the Patriots to try to re-up Warren until next offseason and Wilforlk the year after that. I think that's been pretty much standard Patriots policy. I also expect there to be a 'contract situation' just about every year. I mean a situation where a player wants more than Bbioli want to pay. I don't think they'll all end the same.

Warren and Wilfork are the reasons Asante WONT get a long term deal, Seymour plus those 2 are the heart and soul of the defense. Sameul is much easier to replace then any of those guys. Warren and Wilfork are too important to our defense to loose and the FO knows it.

Last edited:
Elite 300 lb 3-4 DEs are worth their weight in gold, like the Agha Khan. Warren must be taken care of. Unfortunately, the trade off is Samuel. The Pats will give big money to the big man, not the swing player, just like in hoops.

Warren is signed thru 2008 and Wilfork thru 2009. I don't expect the Patriots to try to re-up Warren until next offseason and Wilforlk the year after that. I think that's been pretty much standard Patriots policy. I also expect there to be a 'contract situation' just about every year. I mean a situation where a player wants more than Bbioli want to pay. I don't think they'll all end the same.

It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't try to lock up Warren before he hits his contract year. I can't remember if it was Felger or Curran on Nest who thought that Warren was a lock to resign with the Pats and that he would not be the type of player who would look to break the bank.

If I'm BB/Pioli, I begin with a realistic 5 year 20 million or 6 year 24 millon offer that includes a 10 mil signing bonus. Assuming he continues his perform at the same level or better next year, I'd go as high as 6 years 30 million with 15 guaranteed.

the most important man on defense is Wilfork

then its Seymour and Warren

I think the most important player on defense is Seymour.

He is the Tom Brady of the defense and his contract reflects that.

But there are a lot of really important good players on the defense.

Last edited:

eh id say its definatley Wilfork because his position. We've seen Seymour go down before and Green did pretty good imo. We saw Wilfork go down last year and our run D went down the gutter.

It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't try to lock up Warren before he hits his contract year. I can't remember if it was Felger or Curran on Nest who thought that Warren was a lock to resign with the Pats and that he would not be the type of player who would look to break the bank.

If I'm BB/Pioli, I begin with a realistic 5 year 20 million or 6 year 24 millon offer that includes a 10 mil signing bonus. Assuming he continues his perform at the same level or better next year, I'd go as high as 6 years 30 million with 15 guaranteed.

You should send your resume to the FO. That sounds like the kind of early offer they've insulted most of the soon to be disgruntled with in the past. LOL

He's a DE who is being touted as a pro bowler. Richard is getting $30M in 3 years with $18M guaranteed. Freeney is reportedly looking for $9M per with $30M in guarantees. I think the going rate for top 5 DE's is $8-9M. Top ten is between $7M-8M. If they want to keep him they need to start somewhere well north of $4-5M. That's what they were offering Asante last fall BEFORE he started piling up his picks. And look where that got them.

He can be and is supposed to be. But you gotta wonder why they settled on a 3 year top dollar deal. I think they have their doubts about Richard long term both as a leader on and off the field and as a player who can stay healthy and effective.

eh id say its definatley Wilfork because his position. We've seen Seymour go down before and Green did pretty good imo. We saw Wilfork go down last year and our run D went down the gutter.

We did well when Seymour went down before because the defense as a whole was stronger, specifically the linebackers. In the past two years when he has been out the defense has REALLY struggled. We won both games that Wilfork was out this year but we lost the game Seymour missed. The defense was totally flat without him. And in 2005 when we lost Seymour to that bad knee injury the defense went through a period where it was the worst ever under Bill Belichick.

Last edited:
If I'm BB/Pioli, I begin with a realistic 5 year 20 million or 6 year 24 millon offer that includes a 10 mil signing bonus.
That's realistic? The 5 or 6 year part is realistic, but you need to double the dollars and sb, and even then it probably isn't enough to get the job done.

The number you're quoting are Jarvis Green dollars.

It's going to be tough fitting everyone in their. Let's hope the salary cap keeps going up as much as it has. A few people taking a home town discount wouldn't hurt either.

That's realistic? The 5 or 6 year part is realistic, but you need to double the dollars and sb, and even then it probably isn't enough to get the job done.

The number you're quoting are Jarvis Green dollars.

Yes. Warren was a #13 overall pick. He will get big money from us or someone else next year.

I do not repeat do not wanna lose Ty Warren i'd love to lock up him and Wilson before the season is over.
The time is now to trade Assante Samuel he's shown he doesn't care about the team wouldn't even go to Hill's funeral.
I say we trade him for a starting lb and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

When I read these posts can't help but to think that comparing Warren to Seymour to Wilfork is not worth all that much. Warren is great, because Seymour and Wilfork are great also. Individually Warren might be good, but because of the other two complimentary players he is better. Everyone says what a great year he had, which he did, but this was because of this defense and because of the players in the trenches with him. With this being said, and knowing how this team is built, the Pats will make every effort to sign him to a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes