Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ty Warren D player of the game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jeffd, Sep 18, 2006.

1. jeffd

jeffd On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While I thought the entire front seven played great, Ty Warren really stood out. He may not have put up #'s or even made alot of plays but he man-handled the Jets RT all game long. On every passing play he forced Pennington to roll right into Seymour, Wilfork and Rosey. My understanding of the Pats system is that is exactly what our DE's are supposed to do.
    Also TBC showed some pass rush skills and a little quickness off the edge. But next time hang on to the damn QB brother!

2. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +343 / 25 / -2

Warren had a career game, and deserves the game ball, 11 tackles as I recall.

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

With each game that's gone by over the last 10 games or so, it's become increasingly clear to me that Warren has to be a priority re-sign when his time comes. He's the best run-stuffing DE we've had since that Bobby Hamilton career year.

4. Digger44

Digger44 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think we all know his potential, but he has really shifted gears thus far. He is becoming a beast. I laugh that we selected him in the draft and the media thought it was a reach. Yet Robertson and Sully haven't even come close to Ty's production.

5. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

what a game from him - i agree.

i love our DL

6. QB12

QB12 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -5

#12 Jersey

I agree - Ty Warren deserves the game ball on defense. Corey (over Troy B) deserves it on offense.

QB12

7. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I've been noticing The Beast That Is Ty Warren on a regular basis for awhile now. I think we've reached the point where it's news if he DOESN'T have a big game. Just a solid solid player. Over the last 10-12 games, Ty Warren and Rosie Colvin lead the team in number of times I've called them a monster!

8. TNPatsFan

TNPatsFan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Love Ty! He keeps getting better and better. I believe he could be a regular in the pro bowl very soon. Two things working against him are Seymour on the other side and the fact that he doesn't get the publicity other big-name guys get.

It all started in 2004. In fact, if you go back and watch SB38 again, you'll notice he spent the entire night in the Carolina backfield terrorizing Delhomme and the Panthers RB's.

Keep it going Ty!

9. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This guy is so underrated. Always has been. Maybe this will finally be the season where people realize what kind of player he is.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  10. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -14

I've always like Warren, he's a solid DE who doesn't get enough credit.

That being said, Jarvis Green deserves as much credit as Warren for yesterday's performance.

11. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's exactly the game I became convinced that Warren would be permanent fixture on the Pats D-line. Though I love the versatility offered by the 34 and that Warren and Wilfork have begun to switch with Ty having switched to nose and Vince having moved over to the end on some plays this year, the base 43 we saw for mostly all of the game yesterday was so solid. I also think Seau as of now plays better in the 43. So it'll really be interesting to see how this all plays out throughout the course of the year.

12. jeffd

jeffd On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

speaking of the 4-3, how about that performance by Jarvis Green at 4-3 DE. Subtle, but solid play.

13. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Devastating, but then I don't think we had anyone start or rotate in on the front 7 who had a bad game.

Regarding Ty Warren: He was the best DL to start last season, and he's doing it again. I chortle at the memory of several posters complaining about him in the offseason, ignorance is a hoot you chuckleheads.