PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Warren Cut !

Hmmm. Warren's cap number is pretty big and stays there through 2013. If I were his agent I wouldn't restructure so they could pay Haynesworth either. He can explore the market and still come back if NE has a credible offer on the table. He's too good and interior DLs are not that prolific out there. He's gone - maybe to Washington. If so, it's an almost even up trade for Fat Albert.

You're assuming Warren is healthy. The guy hasn't played meaningful football in 2 years, and just failed his physical, and his conditioning test. The simplest explanation is probably the correct on here: he's got phsyical issues.

Lets hope they can a move for another DL.I want them to have some type of pass rush this year.

Very sorry to see Ty Warren here, he did a very good job for the team. Good luck for the future, hope the Dallas rumors are true for him.

Crumpler is still recovering from surgery, he could be on the shadow squad. Can be back if there is an injury to a TE.

Staying with the TE theme, We could keep 3 TE except include Hernandez as an H back not a TE, Gronk, Smith and Yeatman anyone?

Backfield Hernandez (HB/FB/WR), BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley & Vereen?

If we went to the 4-3 (don't think we will) I could see Spikes being the Mike with Mayo and Cunningham on the outside. Mayo with his skills & athleticism would be a devastating blitzer/ pass rusher. just saying.

Not surprised at all, one look at Miguels cap sheet and those names stood out like a sore thumb.

defensively, only eric moore and fat albert are 30 or older now

I figured Crumpler could get cut. Warren is a shocker. Maybe making room for another move as rumored.

Now I want the Pats to make a move for Marcus Spears.

Spears just signed a 5 year deal with the Boys.

I thought for sure Crumpler would still be there!!:confused: Why did they release so many??

Nope. Chad is going to restructure so his $6M cap hit will go down. Haynesworth's is only $5.4M.

We cannot be so sure. The cap is back to the 2008 level and that's when they last re-structured Warren's deal for 2011-2012 and 2013 assuming an escalation in the cap. That escalation did not happen.

The teams all have to take money from payroll now to pay for increased health and retirement benefits for the long term, so the cap went down. As a max cap team, the Pats have to get it from somewhere. Teams like Tampa Bay or Buffalo have to spend more money to reach the floor, so mid-cap guys as talented at Warren will wind up on those teams. Wildly over-the-cap teams like Washington that blindly spent during the uncapped year have to have fire sales.

This is not bad - more parity if the pieces shake out rationally.

So the Pats got their cap room with Warren, TBC, Crumpler, Kaczur, etc. We can love all of these guys but they can all be replaced with comparable and often healthier, younger players.

If we went to the 4-3 (don't think we will) I could see Spikes being the Mike with Mayo and Cunningham on the outside. Mayo with his skills & athleticism would be a devastating blitzer/ pass rusher. just saying.

I dunno, I think Cunningham would be an end in a 4-3. I think Guyton would probably be the outside guy. He got significantly more playing time than Spikes last year.

Rappaport says the Pats will probably be using a 4-2-5 formation most of the time this season.

THAT will be interesting to see...maybe we can stop a few 3rd and longs this season,eh?

Moves make sense, also saw this:
RT @kguregian: Ty Warren texted me saying the Pats were "going in a different direction defensively." #patriots
Twitter

Guyton is a good cover guy, not sure Cunningham is big enough to be a DE in that system, also could see Fletcher on the outside...fun to speculate about though.

"A new direction" doesn't really mean anything though. It could be a new direction in terms of formations, or a new direction in terms of "We're moving away from you"

This says a lot about the future of the young guys, Deaderick, Pryor and Brace, raises their importance. helps Love's chances of sticking this year, if we keep 7 DL this year.

You're assuming Warren is healthy. The guy hasn't played meaningful football in 2 years, and just failed his physical, and his conditioning test. The simplest explanation is probably the correct on here: he's got phsyical issues.

I'm only assuming he'd come back at his baseline level which was a pretty damn good defensive lineman. On the conditioning test, yesterday one of the posters from the TC said they all passed. When did Warren take his conditioning test and fail it?

Wait till the jets acquire Aso and then acquire Osi to steal their thunder!!!:pI have seen Osi with the giants stand up and actually play OLB.The guy's an athlete providing he is healthy.

"A new direction" doesn't really mean anything though. It could be a new direction in terms of formations, or a new direction in terms of "We're moving away from you"

Your boss says to you "we're moving in a different direction"

Doesn't mean much other than your canned. In this case, it could mean something, but who knows.

I am absolutely shocked and disappointed that the Pats have cut Ty Warren, for a variety of reasons. One of the big ones is that Ty Warren has always been a TEAM guy. He took less to stay with the team a few years ago.

The reports that have come out have said that the Pats didn't even try and re-negotiate with him. Once he failed the physical and conditioning run, that was it.

As for the phrase "going in a different direction". All that means is that they want to go with a different player at LDE. Which is surprising since Ty Warren was their best run stopper, bar none. They must really like Brace and feel he'll be able to handle it with Wilfork and Haynesworth.

Good Luck to Ty Warren. You'll be missed.

I could see a surprise DL/OLB add from the Eagles once final cuts are made. They have about a million DL now and just signed Babin to a 5 year deal.

Eagles already have Bunkley, Cole, Dixon, Laws, Parker Patterson, Sapp, Tapp and Brandon Graham from the 2010 draft.

Could be a swap for one of our fringe safeties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back