PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Appreciation Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblesz

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ty Warren did not play last week. Our defense looked pretty bad. This week, Warren was back and the opponents running game was stuffed and there was more pressure on the QB. He simply changes the defense. Time to lock him up...

When Warren was drafted, everyone was hot for Robertson or Sullivan. I was glad they didn't take Sullivan because, as I said at the time, we don't want someone who is a former teammate of Seymour, who Seymour will take under his wing and nuture, we want COMPETITION for Seymour. Another stud from a different school who doesn't know Seymour and doesn't care about any former seniority at the Georgia Bulldogs.

I like the fact that Warren will outplay Seymour if Seymour doesn't keep his nose to the grindstone for any length of time.

And he has been the secret on our line for at least two years now, I don't think people realize that he also played the second half of every game in 2003. Bobby Hamilton only played the first half of games, although people seem to overlook Warren's steady play even in 2003.

I like the fact that Warren will outplay Seymour if Seymour doesn't keep his nose to the grindstone for any length of time.

* Seymour played very well today. On almost every play, including the Warren sack they replayed, Seymour is blocked by 2 guys and Warren by 1.
Warren "should", as a Rnd 1 pick, get by his man who as the ORT is usually a better run blocker than pass blocker. Wilfork usually takes up 2 guys as well, although more on run plays. The whole team on both sides of the ball played more physically and the Patriots won the LOS on both sides of the ball today.
The game really reminded me of the Vikings game. Patriots O has there way with the opposition, the other teams QB's throw like girly men and the Patriots walk away with a big win and all seems good in New England again. What's important is where they go from here. Now they need to have a good game against da Bears next week at that field the Patriots seem to have trouble winning at. This needs to be the start of the Big Turnaround they need to roll into the playoffs rather than stumble into them.

I hope we're reserving a big chunk of money for locking Warren up long term in the not too distant future.

Hopefully, we are going to use some of that cash to lock him up. Seymour plays much better with Warren in the lineup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots