PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Poole cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally expected.

The $1.5M cap reduction could have happened in four months. It is isn't needed today. Today we needed to pay the $500K or not.

JJDChE said:
But it does free up cap space, 2.0MM by my understanding (though Miguel's page lists it as only 1.5MM)

The Defense - the back 8

Bye Bye Poole. Now on to business. The Pats back 8 of the defense is starting to get very thin and very scary. A lot of the guys we have under contract have questions they have to answer, Harrison, Beisel, Bruschi, Claridge etc. and other guys have to rebound from a tough year, Wilson, Samuel, etc.
I realize WR is a huge issue, but the defensive back 8 has moved up rather high on the watch points I have for this offseason.
Eventually the Pats will sign a FA and the draft will bring some additional depth. However I'm beginning to think BB may have a trade or two up his sleeve somewhere as well.
These next 6 weeks should be interesting.

I'm not as concerned as most regarding the safety position. I'm fine with Wilson-Hawkins, with Sanders and Guss Scott (and/or a vet replacement as backups).

I agree that we are likely to sign or trade for a corner (or two) and a linebacker (or two). If Chad Scott is still around, I suspect that we'll being him back. He looked good in the 2005 pre-season. I want to add a shutdown corner, but so does every team.

Ochmed Jones said:
Bye Bye Poole. Now on to business. The Pats back 8 of the defense is starting to get very thin and very scary. A lot of the guys we have under contract have questions they have to answer, Harrison, Beisel, Bruschi, Claridge etc. and other guys have to rebound from a tough year, Wilson, Samuel, etc.
I realize WR is a huge issue, but the defensive back 8 has moved up rather high on the watch points I have for this offseason.
Eventually the Pats will sign a FA and the draft will bring some additional depth. However I'm beginning to think BB may have a trade or two up his sleeve somewhere as well.
These next 6 weeks should be interesting.

mgteich said:
I'm not as concerned as most regarding the safety position. I'm fine with Wilson-Hawkins, with Sanders and Guss Scott (and/or a vet replacement as backups).

I agree that we are likely to sign or trade for a corner (or two) and a linebacker (or two). If Chad Scott is still around, I suspect that we'll being him back. He looked good in the 2005 pre-season. I want to add a shutdown corner, but so does every team.
My thoughts too, except I feel Rodney is coming back this season. So I would draft a S, not get a vet through FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes