PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Poole cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per WEEI - about to be cut , scoop from Michael Holley.

Last edited:
fgssand said:
Per WEEI - about to be cut , scoop from Michael Holley.

Later Ty...no loss here...I'll delete mine.

So Marshall in the 2nd round??? Seems like a reach in the 1st. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I wish him well.

Edit: BB did it to mess with my depth chart. :mad:

Last edited:
Good Riddens. The man was as soft as jello.

Ty you don't got to go home, but you got to get the hell out of here.

Well hell, I am anxious to see what we are going to do with all this cap space. We have plenty of room and seemingly few options on which to spend it. Even if it's just resigning our own guys to longterm deals I'd like to see -something- that hints at their plan for all that dough.

The sun has shine on us.Other good news may come today.

I'm telling you. I think when all is said and done we will be pleasantly suprised. The lack of faith some have in this organization after what we accomplished is comical. Bill and Scott have some big things in the works.

Exactly. Relax and be patient people. BB & SP have proven time and again that they know what they're doing. Three championships in a five-year span is nothing to sneeze about. Let other teams get their jollies and overpay for certain players. That's not what this current Patriots organization is all about. It's early yet.......sit back and watch as the Pats build another championship contending team. As other posters have suggested, when all is said and done I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Given his injury prone stay here i'm sure there's a collective sigh of "YES" going around!

Seymour

I'm curious to see if the Pats make a play to extend Richard. If you were to make a short list of Most Valuable Assets Not Secured Long-Term, Seymour would top my list. I would love to see an extension.

pats60 said:
The sun has shine on us.Other good news may come today.

I know Box liked how he played and had some decent words for him lately and I respect your evaluations on players. But I have disliked his play since the Carolina SB and his football isn't a priority attitude along with his injury history, hasn't helped that dislike go away! Today is officially the happiest day of FA thus far for me.

That has to be the loosest use of the term scoop ever.

mgcolby said:
I know Box liked how he played and had some decent words for him lately and I respect your evaluations on players. But I have disliked his play since the Carolina SB and his football isn't a priority attitude along with his injury history, hasn't helped that dislike go away! Today is officially the happiest day of FA thus far for me.

Now if the Pats would just cut their losses and dump Beisel. Surely there must be a better alternative out there.

mgcolby said:
No worries, we can't all like the same people.

This has nothing to do with freeing up cap space. It has everything to do with the roster bonus due today.

SCPatBoy said:
I'm telling you. I think when all is said and done we will be pleasantly suprised. The lack of faith some have in this organization after what we accomplished is comical. Bill and Scott have some big things in the works.

I don't think it is lack of faith...just people talking out loud, wondering what we will be doing with all the money we have.

SCPatBoy said:

They had a plan last year too. Didn't exactly work out now did it? Just because this braintrust has a plan doesn't mean that it will be able to be implemented flawlessly (nevermind the outcome of the actual moves *cough Chad Brown, Duane Starks and Monte Beisel cough*).

And besides isn't it simply human to want an answer NOW at the time when all the questions are posed?

Last edited:
Poole is a full-blown injury Bug carrier..Maybe axing him will cut down on injuries in the secondary...

mgteich said:
This has nothing to do with freeing up cap space. It has everything to do with the roster bonus due today.

But it does free up cap space, 2.0MM by my understanding (though Miguel's page lists it as only 1.5MM)

Patriots | Poole released
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:02:36 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports New England Patriots CB Tyrone Poole has been released from the team. His release saves the Patriots a little over $2 million in salary cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down