PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is he signing with the Patriots or not? Haven't heard a peep....anyone know?

Last edited:
Cleveland does not want him. Ty demands too much money.

Last edited by a moderator:
poll says nah....maybe cheaper..depends..we'll see after mini camp...but I think nahhhh

Ty doesn't like minicamp or training camp for that matter. And he doesn't need either. Look for a decision from him in early August.

Cleveland does not want him. Ty demands too much money.

Oh Cleveland wants him all-right, but you are right, not at the price he is asking. Although they still have Wright, they need help at CB's Seemed to me after Daven Holly went on IR with injury and their having traded Bodden to the Lions, the stars had aligned for him there - nope, at least not at this time anyway.

That said, I do not see NE paying him what he is asking right now either.

Last edited:
Something tells me that Law will sign eventually, but if he doesn't, it's a good sign that BB and company have faith in the likes of Bryant and Wheatley.

I have mixed emotions on it, I think he is good but he is way to ****y don't know if we need that here i know this is gonna sound stupid but looking at the KC hard knock thing on nfl network.
The little bit it showed of Law made me feel like he was more just i'm so great i can do and say anything and that is the wrong example to have around young guys.
He didn't seem to be to much of a teacher from the brief scenes i've seen on the show so far.

Ty doesn't like minicamp or training camp for that matter. And he doesn't need either. Look for a decision from him in early August.

I don't think I can express just how much I disagree with the bolded statement.

I have mixed emotions on it, I think he is good but he is way to ****y don't know if we need that here i know this is gonna sound stupid but looking at the KC hard knock thing on nfl network.
The little bit it showed of Law made me feel like he was more just i'm so great i can do and say anything and that is the wrong example to have around young guys.
He didn't seem to be to much of a teacher from the brief scenes i've seen on the show so far.

Ty is too self centered to be a tutor for the young cornerbacks.

How does "younger and faster on defense" equate to Ty Law? Just say no.

If New England had ANY thought of bringing Ty back, his jersey number would still be available, #24 is used now by another - Not happening

there was talk a few days before the draft that they were close to a deal, but i have not heard anything after that.

Something tells me that Law will sign eventually, but if he doesn't, it's a good sign that BB and company have faith in the likes of Bryant and Wheatley.

Based on what, there could be a deal in principle and the signing will take place in mid summer.. but in reality no one really knows what BB and SP are thinking.. to assume faith in Bryant and Wheatley is erroneous, they could just be TC fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:
to assume faith in Bryant and Wheatley is erroneous, they could just be TC fodder.
TC fodder???? I seriously doubt a 2nd rounder is close to fodder..even in the worst cases..a BUST!!.. VERY improbable..same with Bryant who was a hiher pick and a player that was in a bad place Det...If others had been mentioned..yes maybe..but NO camp fodder for either...
As far as Law goes..Mgtch has it correct..Ty hates these camps..so it is NOT likely an early signee...UNLESS of course you give him mega bucks and then some..

I think he'll eventually sign (late June-July), but it will have to be at a lower price than what he's asking now.

The Pats do need the help at CB, though.

I would love to bring him back. Seeing as we run cover 3/cover 4 "pattern match" schemes, Ty Law was (and still is) absolutely perfect for it. It's not speed we need at CB - it's football intelligence and awareness.

Ty isn't going to sign until training camp unless someone overpays him and no one is going to do that.

He'll wait and see if an injury somewhere raises demand for him and if not he'll sign a deal with makable incentives.

Is he signing with the Patriots or not? Haven't heard a peep....anyone know?

Anyone here know what Ty is asking ($$'s)? Other than too much.

I hope we work something for that Dancing Goof Taylor - I don't wan't to see what he can do on a team with Talent - Other than ours that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back