PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law talking to Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law is all about the money right now. He's been to 4 Super Bowls won 3 so what else is left to do? GET PAID thats what.

Yeah....like they called Belichick and left a message talked.

Talking about the weather..and the Sox...

PonyExpress said:
At the end of the article it says the Postons are talking to Tennessee, Seattle, Cleveland and New England. I wonder if it's true.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/266227_hawk11.html

Honestly, I would have to imagine the Pats are VERY hesitant to talk to any Poston clients.

Law is probably still kicking himself for walking away from prime money from the Pats and signing for squat with the Jets.

Talk about overestimating your market value? And it was all thanks to Carl & Kevin Poston, whose always equate money with 'spect!!

Yo, Ty, how'd your family eat last season, ya greedy bahstahd!?!?!

ADPF

How'd your

Last edited:
Law chuckled when informed that Holmgren had said, "The great ones don't come cheap."

Key phrase right there.

MrTibbs said:
Law is all about the money right now. He's been to 4 Super Bowls won 3 so what else is left to do? GET PAID thats what.

I think the fact that he hasn't been able to garner any serious interest so far might make him realize that he's just not worth the money that he thinks he is. That could be why we're talking with him again.

spacecrime said:
If the Postons say they are talkiing to the Pats, it must be true. They would never manipulate the press.

Oh yeah, they're talking all right! It goes something like this:

Ring Ring
BB: Hello
Carl (or Kevin - whichever one isn't suspended) Poston: Hi Bill, it's me, Carl Poston, calling about the Pat's interest in Ty Law
BB: Carl, we've been over this a million times. Your client wants too much money and we've moved on as a team.
CP: Okay, have a good day then.
BB: Bye, and please don't call again.

Poston to the press: I've been talking to the Patriots about Ty Law.

If the Poston's say they are talking to the Patriots it must be true.

If you can't trust sports agents like them I just don't know who you can trust anymore.

PatsDeb said:

Ring Ring
Carl (or Kevin - whichever one isn't suspended) Poston: Hi Bill, it's me, Carl Poston, calling about the Pat's interest in Ty Law
BB: Carl, we've been over this a million times. Your client wants too much money and we've moved on as a team.

That friggin hilarious!

And probably not too far off from exactly how it happened!

F.B.N. said:
Yeah....like they called Belichick and left a message talked.

"......Hi Bill, this is Carl Poston calling on behalf on my client Ty Law, how are you? (silence for 40 seconds).....Hello..anybody there?.........Hello....Bill? ..............................................Hello....anybody there?.....oh well, it must be a bad connection with the phone line......"

Willie55 said:
Key phrase right there.

Unfortunately for Ty Mike doesn't get to make those decisions in Seattle any more. Although a battle may be brewing for just that reason - his contract is up after this season and he's talking retirement rather than extension - some think in a ploy to get his GM powers back.

KFFL said the other day that Ty left his two day Seattle visit without a contract. He's apparently still fixated on a $10M signing bonus that nobody has any intention of giving him. But if he ends up looking at another $2M+ phony incentve laden deal like what the JETS offer initially represented come TC it wouldn't surprise me at all to see BB extend the olive branch with a reachable incentive laden deal. He loves Ty's talent and work ethic and willingness to play hurt and ability to play pretty well hurt. He also saw him as a potential top flight safety into his mid 30's.

RAC's still got some $$$, but Tennessee is up against it unless they cut McNair (who is due a $9M salary). I don't think we have a CB or a healthy S on the roster right now who could say with a straight face - even in their dreams - they should have made 9 pro bowls.

PatsDeb said:

Ring Ring

Poston's are talking, but no one here is listening.....

Ty to BB : "BB, no no that is not enough. I am not that cheap"

BB to Ty : "I am giving you millions, you are fortunate millionaire to get tax cuts. I happened to know businessman who knows how to double your income and yet it is tax free. So I am actually giving you more than what you want. Just Sign that damn paper !!"

Ty to BB : "I heard in the news that you happened to be economist. Today I feel that I am in the safe hands. Where is contract?"

go4pat said:
Ty to BB : "BB, no no that is not enough. I am not that cheap"

BB to Ty : "I am giving you millions, you are fortunate millionaire to get tax cuts. I happened to know businessman who knows how to double your income and yet it is tax free. So I am actually giving you more than what you want. Just Sign that damn paper !!"

Ty to BB : "I heard in the news that you happened to be economist. Today I feel that I am in the safe hands. Where is contract?"

BB to Ty : "Let me prepare another special for you. This is old one for 12million, the new one will be for 3 million on the paper but will actually give you more than 20 million in the future. Now you know why pats sign players cheap"

MoLewisrocks said:
Unfortunately for Ty Mike doesn't get to make those decisions in Seattle any more. Although a battle may be brewing for just that reason - his contract is up after this season and he's talking retirement rather than extension - some think in a ploy to get his GM powers back.

KFFL said the other day that Ty left his two day Seattle visit without a contract. He's apparently still fixated on a $10M signing bonus that nobody has any intention of giving him. But if he ends up looking at another $2M+ phony incentve laden deal like what the JETS offer initially represented come TC it wouldn't surprise me at all to see BB extend the olive branch with a reachable incentive laden deal. He loves Ty's talent and work ethic and willingness to play hurt and ability to play pretty well hurt. He also saw him as a potential top flight safety into his mid 30's.

RAC's still got some $$$, but Tennessee is up against it unless they cut McNair (who is due a $9M salary). I don't think we have a CB or a healthy S on the roster right now who could say with a straight face - even in their dreams - they should have made 9 pro bowls.

I don't think that RAC has that power either. Right? I thought Savage was the GM? :confused:

spacecrime said:
If the Postons say they are talkiing to the Pats, it must be true. They would never manipulate the press.
Yeah, it's probably true, but they didn't say the Patriots were talking back.

To whoever said Law is all about the money right now, yes, that is probably still the case. However, it is also possible he has realized he walked away from a good thing in New England and is looking to get back some of the love he walked away from. OK, maybe it's not likely, but stranger things have happened.

PromisedLand said:
Yeah, it's probably true, but they didn't say the Patriots were talking back.

To whoever said Law is all about the money right now, yes, that is probably still the case. However, it is also possible he has realized he walked away from a good thing in New England and is looking to get back some of the love he walked away from. OK, maybe it's not likely, but stranger things have happened.
Yeah but here's the thing...I don't see a cold chance in hell of BB paying him a nickel more than 3.5 million per year with alot of incentives. No way Ty "ron tidwell" Law plays for that.

OK..what about this..a one year deal for him to sort of showcase himself and play strong and then get the big bucks next year?? THAT is very possible isn't it?? Maybe he thinks the big bucks passed him by..so why not?? Just a thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back