PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he moving back??? If he is here..maybe it is a return...

I would not be looking too much into this. As much as I wish he would come back to NE.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
Funny, he lives in Miami, yet is in Boston the week before the draft. Hmmmmmm.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=136501&format=&page=3

Free agent Ty Law, late of the New England Patriots and New York Jets, and the fam buying a swish set of luggage at Point A in Copley Place . . .

The days leading up to the draft are important for a lot of free agents... deals that are made now can allow teams to adjust their draft boards if needs are met elsewhere

But in the case of any of the Poston's clients you have to assume they are posturing to make people think there's a deal in the works when there might not be

Didn't Ty and the Postons try to tell other teams that they had a standing offer of 4 years 24 million from the Pats last year... when in fact they were just lying about that to drive the price up?

i thought we did offer that but it made it cap friendly..?

if i'm not mistaken, he still has a house in/outside of Boston...as psyched as I would be if he was re-signed (for the right $$) I'm not gonna get too excited.....yet.

My wish: $3 mil to sign, 2 year deal with incentives and a club option for year 3...

I'll take Ty Law back for as long as we can as long as it doesnt effect the cap.

I would pay him more than most others would, but keep the contract short.

Of course Law wants a contract that will pay him as if he will last forever. I'd be willing to pay him as if he will last 2 yrs, 3 at the most.

I'm OK with bringing him back, and unconcerned about the cost on this years cap, but do not want to risk potential dead money down the road.

We are fine without him, but it would be nice to have him, on our terms.

Maybe he was just in town with his family and he was buying some luggage. They were probably looking at gucci duffel bags to carry his cousin's X across the border.

lot11vet said:
Maybe he was just in town with his family and he was buying some luggage. They were probably looking at gucci duffel bags to carry his cousin's X across the border.

Hey, he's got to feed his family somehow.

From the look of his waistline last season it was clear that Law was at least feeding himself, and very well.

I hope Ty Law didn't burn too many bridges and could come back and play for us. He proved he still has what it takes, and like Andy said, 2 or 3 years is the perfect situation. I like a lot of the CBs in this draft, but eliminating a need for one sure offers us a lot of flexibility.

Uhh, ummmm, well,,, What was that article about? I just saw the picture of Tyra Banks and I couldn't care about anything else.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
From the look of his waistline last season it was clear that Law was at least feeding himself, and very well.

:ditto:

If we give $10M to a corner (with a perpetually gimpy leg), I'm going to puke.

Pats726 said:
Is he moving back??? If he is here..maybe it is a return...

The story said he was seen buying luggage at Copley. Maybe he's moving somewhere else?

Tunescribe said:
The story said he was seen buying luggage at Copley.

It's about time.

You'd think his cousin would be getting sick and tired of Ty using his duffel bag, but from what I hear he's a really loving and very friendly guy.

Ty still unemployed....

Seahawks | Talks with T. Law off for now; team looking for help in the NFL Draft
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:19:08 -0700

The Associated Press reports talks with free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) are off at least until after the NFL Draft, Seattle Seahawks team president Tim Ruskell said Wednesday, April 26. The Seahawks are hoping to use the draft to beef up their defensive backfield. Talks with Law could resume after the draft "if it's still necessary," Ruskell said.

FreeTedWilliams said:

Ty still unemployed....

Seahawks | Talks with T. Law off for now; team looking for help in the NFL Draft
This is a pretty good year for CB in the draft, Law might find some of his options gone in a few days.

Doesn't he still have a home in Melrose or Milford or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes